The Women for Africa Foundation (FMxA), in line with its mission of contributing to the development of Africa through the drive of its women, is launching the 7th Edition of SCIENCE BY WOMEN programme, with the aim to promote African women’s leadership in scientific research and technology transfer and to foster the capacity of the research centres in their home countries.
The main goal is to enable African women researchers and scientists to tackle the great challenges faced by Africa through research in health and biomedicine, sustainable agriculture and food security, water, energy and climate change.
Considering the exceptional challenge of the Covid-19 pandemic, some of the fellowships are focused on the research and innovation carried out by African women scientists from the diverse and interdisciplinary approaches.
About Women For Africa Foundation.
The Women for Africa Foundation is a spanish private, non-profit entity created in February 2012 by María Teresa Fernández de la Vega, the former vice president of the Government of Spain.
Its aim is to promote equal rights and opportunities for women, contributing to the progress of the continent.
Women for Africa is commited to democracy, governance, peace, human rights and sustainable economic and social development.
They aim to do all this through equality, because they are convinced that equality is the most powerful instrument of social transformation.
About Women For Africa Foundation Scholarship 2021.
The program’s ultimate goal is to enable women researchers to play a leading role in the transition of Africa to a knowledge based and innovation-led economy through research that can be transferred into products, processes, services and technologies having impact in people’s lives.
To achieve this goal, FMxA collaborates with the Spanish centres of Excellence, whose prestige is unanimously recognized throughout Spain and internationally, thereby ensuring the excellence in scientific research.
- Return flight from their centre of origin to the host institution
- Living allowance of 2.400 Euros gross per month to cover accommodation, personal expense and health and occupational accident insurance coverage.
Requirements for FMxA Science By Women Program.
- Be a woman.
- Nationality of an African country.
- PhD with at least 3 years of post-doctoral professional experience
- Contractual relationship with a university or a public or private organization based in Africa dedicated to significant scientific research in the areas indicated
- Excellent academic record and proven track of relevant research experience
- Solid working knowledge of English
- Proven experience leading a research group
Documents Required for Application.
- Letter of Interest (max. 1 page)
- Full curriculum vitae (Europass format is recommended)
- Fully filled form
- Passport or NID
- PhD Diploma
- Research proposal (Brief and clear description of the project to be developed in the Spanish host centre (max. 2 pages)
How to Apply.
Interested applicants should visit https://bit.ly/3i7cm90 to fill the application form and apply.
The deadline for this application is September 30, 2021.