This is to announce the commencement of the University of Queensland Earmarked Scholarship for International students. Therefore, application is invited for suitably qualified international students to the University of Queensland in Australia.
The scholarships are available to both international and domestic students to undertake a PhD study at the University of Queensland
We highly recommend reading through this article before applying for this fellowship to understand all of the specifics about it, including Eligibility, fellowship Benefits, How to Apply, the Application Deadline, and other pertinent information. Also See: Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists 2022-2023
- Institution(s): University of Queensland
- Category: PhD
- Host Country: Australia
- Eligible Countries: International
- Reward: fully funded
- Deadline: open till the end of the year
Earmarked scholarships are funded by the Australian Government to assist PhD students with their living costs and tuition fees.
These scholarships are offered for research projects aligned with recently awarded Category 1 research grants and offer PhD students the opportunity to contribute to large projects of national significance with and work with leading researchers.
To be eligible to apply to the Queensland Earmarked Scholarship, you must
- have completed some research experience
- have completed an approved university degree and
- can meet the English language requirements.
You must meet the entry requirements for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
If you are not eligible for the Queensland Earmarked Scholarship 2022, you can search for alternative Scholarship Opportunities here
Scholarship Benefits and Duration
The Scholarship is valued at Living stipend of $28,854 per annum tax free (indexed annually), your tuition fees covered, and Single Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) and is tenable for 3.5 years with the possibility of 1 extension.
Check this offer: OpenWHO Online Courses with Free Certification 2022
- If you receive this scholarship after commencement there will be no retrospective payments of this scholarship.
- If you’re a domestic part-time student with carer’s responsibilities, a medical condition or a disability that prevents you from studying full-time, you may be eligible for scholarship consideration. This is assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- International students must study full-time.
How to Apply
View the latest commencement date and ensure you can meet the timeframes. Apply at least 12 weeks prior.
- Choose an eligible project and contact the project supervisor to discuss your interest
- Prepare your documentation
- In your application, under the ‘Scholarship and Collaborative study’ section, select:
- ‘My higher degree is not collaborative’.
- ‘I am applying for, or have been awarded a scholarship or sponsorship‘.
- UQ Earmarked Scholarship type
To start your application, click ‘Click here to Apply’.
The academic year for research students is divided into 4 research quarters (RQ). Check the project page to find out which RQ you need to commence by. You should apply at least 12 weeks before the commencement date.
|RQ1||1 January||31 March|
|RQ2||1 April||30 June|
|RQ3||1 July||30 September|
|RQ4||1 October||30 December|