The Tongarewa Scholarships honor the University’s dedication to our foreign student body. Each year, we grant a few of these scholarships to international students. This is a fee-based partial scholarship that will cover tuition for one year of study. Applicants must be in their first year of an undergraduate degree or a postgraduate degree program at Victoria University of Wellington to be considered.
Scholarships are given out on a competitive basis based on academic achievement. They will be credited to tuition expenses if they apply to study the following year.
Candidates who have been shortlisted may be asked to supply extra information to support their application. If an accommodation application is received by University Accommodation Wellington by the deadline, recipients of these scholarships will be guaranteed a place in one of the Halls of Residence.
Applicants must be:
- international students who are paying full international fees
- entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree.
Click Here: How to answer scholarship questions
Applicants will be ineligible for this offer if you:
- completed your secondary education at a New Zealand school
- completed the English Proficiency Programme or Foundation Studies Programme
- are a Study Abroad or Twinning student from one of our overseas partner universities
- are in your second year of study in the same degree programme at Victoria University of Wellington.
Documents required to apply for the Tongarewa Scholarship in New Zealand are:
- a personal statement of up to 500 words outlining why you wish to study at Victoria University of Wellington, your academic goals and why you merit the scholarship. You should also include any leadership positions and details of your involvement in your school or community
- full transcripts and other documentation relevant to the qualification type
- an offer of place from Victoria University of Wellington (conditional or unconditional).
More Scholarships: Fully Funded UK Chevening Msc Scholarship 2022-2023 | Application Process
The Tongarewa Scholarship in New Zealand provides up to 10 scholarships of NZ$10,000 undergraduate and postgraduate recipients and up to 9 scholarships of NZ$5,000 will be available to postgraduate recipients only. These scholarships will be credited to tuition fees after the final withdrawal date for the courses of the trimester the recipient(s) have been awarded for (roughly two weeks into the trimester).
How to Apply
Apply online for a Tongarewa Scholarship for Trimester 1, 2022
Apply online for a Tongarewa Scholarship for Trimester 2, 2022
A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
The deadline for the application for Tongarewa Scholarship for Trimester 1, 2022 is by 30 November, 2021.
The deadline for the application for Tongarewa Scholarship for Trimester 2, 2022 is by 1 June 2022.
For more enquiry, Click Here