This is to announce the commencement of a three-year PhD post for students from low- or middle-income countries funded by NIHR. Are you seeking for funding to undertake a research in the United Kingdom? Applications are invited from suitably qualified international students to Imperial College London.
The Public Health Policy Evaluation Unit, within the Department of Primary Care and Public Health, Imperial College London, is offering a three-year PhD studentship for eligible students from low- or middle-income countries (LMICs) funded by NIHR. This is part of a large global health systems and policy research programmed funded by NIHR examining health systems fragmentation in Latin America and India.
We highly recommend reading through this article before applying for this Scholarship to understand all of the specifics about it, including Eligibility, Scholarship Benefits, How to Apply, the Application Deadline, and other pertinent information. Study in Germany: Top Universities in Germany with no Tuition Fee for International Students 2022
- Institution: Imperial College London
- Category: PhD
- Host Country: UK
- Eligible Countries: International
- Reward: £ 22,000
- Deadline: 12th August 2022
This PhD studentship will contribute to knowledge generation on health system fragmentation through a range of research activities across four countries which have high levels of poverty and inequality: Brazil, Colombia, Mexico and India.
The proposed research programme will contribute to quantifying the nature and variation of financing fragmentation in the four focus countries, investigating how financing fragmentation affects health system goals, including improved access and quality of health services at lower cost to patients, and evaluating the impact of key health system reforms on fragmentation and health system goals.
All the following must apply to be eligible for consideration:
- This post is only available for students from official development assistance (ODA)-eligible countries. This includes most LMICs, but potential candidates should check the list of ODA eligible countries. Please note students from the UK, EU, Japan or USA, are not eligible for this role. Students from Latin America or India are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants should hold or expect to obtain a first or upper-second class honours degree or equivalent. A Master’s degree in a relevant subject (public health, epidemiology, health economics, health data science, health policy and planning, health financing) is highly advantageous.
If you are not eligible for PhD Studentship in Research, you can search for alternative Scholarship Opportunities here
There will be opportunities for travel and engagement with country-level partners. The successful candidate will be supported through mentorship by project leaders, and there are opportunities for specific training programmes to build key research skills.
Imperial College London provides excellent opportunities for research students’ training. All students benefit from a full programme of training in research and transferable skills organized through the Graduate School, the quality of which has been recognized several times at the Times Higher Education (THE) Awards.
- The studentship will be funded for three years with a tax-free bursary of £22,000 per annum.
- Tuition fees, at the rate applicable to UK Home students, are covered by NIHR. Suitably qualified students non-eligible for home tuition fees are welcome to apply but will be responsible for paying the difference between the home and overseas fee rates. Eligibility criteria for home tuition are outlined on the fee status page.
- A Curriculum Vitae
- names and addresses of at least two academic referees
- a one page personal statement
Study in USA: The Gates Scholarship for Undergraduates 2022/2023
How to Apply
Send the documents listed above to Dr Thomas Hone by email on firstname.lastname@example.org. It is advisable you get in contact before applying to discuss relevant tuition fee support.
For more Information, Visit the official website
Please note that candidates must fulfil College admissions criteria.
The deadline for this application is 12 August 2022, 5pm