The Pershing Square Scholarships, which were established in 2014, grants up to six full awards covering both the Masters and MBA degrees. Scholars can combine any of the collaborating Master’s degrees with our MBA program. Please see below for application details.
Recipients are exceptional individuals who can demonstrate the potential and commitment to finding scalable and sustainable solutions to world-scale social challenges.
Scholars will benefit from a range of on-course opportunities such as attendance to prestigious conferences, termly events and scholar community activities, spring ‘trek’ to New York hosted by the Pershing Square Foundation, and mentorship opportunities. Check: UNESCO Internship Programme 2022
Eligibility for the Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship
- Applicants to the Oxford 1+1 MBA Programme.
- Applicants who apply to any full-time one-year Master’s course that is not currently part of the official list of partner 1+1 MBA Programme; and to the MBA (as a separate application).
- Current Oxford students on a non-MBA course, who are applying to the MBA after the completion of their current Master’s/DPhil course (with no gap year(s)).
- Academic achievement, demonstrated through degree results, GMAT or GRE score, previous university prizes and awards, and other academic achievements.
- Leadership potential, demonstrated through experience and motivation.
- Strong personal character, integrity and commitment.
- Intention to focus on addressing world-scale social challenges in your career, either in an existing organisation or through development of a new enterprise.
- Ability to envision how to achieve scalable and sustainable solutions to these challenges.
- Articulated vision on how the Oxford 1+1 MBA will allow you to fulfil your objectives.
Please note that candidates are advised to highlight these attributes in their 1+1 MBA application, scholarship essay, and interview answers.
List of Programs available for Study
- Blavatnik School of Government
- Centre for Criminology
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Education
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Social Policy & Intervention
- Department of Sociology
- Faculty of History
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medieval and Modern Languages (Humanities Division)
- Faculty of Music
- Humanities Division
- Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine
- Oxford Department of International Development
- Oxford Internet Institute
- School of Anthropology and Museum Ethnography
- School of Geography and the Environment
- School of Global and Area Studies
Full course fees for both the Master’s degree and MBA program, and a grant for living expenses of at least £15,609 per year for both years of study.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit a complete application for both courses and upload the scholarship essay in the Funding section of the 1+1 MBA program application by the deadline in order to be considered.
In no more than 500 words, please answer the following question:
How do you intend to change the world and what does this tell us about you as a person?
Each of our partnering Master’s programs has its own application form, deadlines, and requirements.
To be considered for the Pershing Square Scholarship you must apply by 12 January 2022 for the 1+1 MBA and by your chosen Master’s programme deadline either in December or January. Funding deadlines for 1+1 MBA partnering programmes can be found on the relevant course page on the Graduate Admissions website.