The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (GSCAAS) provides scholarships to international students pursuing Masters and Doctoral degrees in China.
Scholarships in the subjects of science, engineering, agriculture, and management science are available. The Scholarships’ goal is to provide financial assistance to students from the aforementioned professions who are traveling to China to study.
About GSCAAS Scholarship
The GSCAAS Scholarship was established by GSCAAS to promote prestigious international students and scholars with outstanding academic achievement for continuing studies or conducting CAAS research.
The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (GSCAAS) is a higher education institution specialized in higher education. As a training branch of CAAS, GSCAAS was ranked among the primary schools in China with its overall competitiveness in the disciplines of agriculture.
GSCAAS focuses on agricultural research and rural development through technological advancement and offers 53 PhD programs and 65 Masters program in four key areas: agriculture, natural sciences, engineering and management science, covering 17 major disciplines, of which 10 are at PhD level and 17 at Masters level.
Why study in China?
- A recent economic and industrial hub and the driver of global growth thereby attracting students and scholars from all over the world
- The University is located at the Center of China, with good proximity to the commercial hubs in the South and the industrialized East.
- Top-quality infrastructural and learning facilities comparable to the very best school in the world.
- A huge pool of international students in the city and cities beyond
- Tuition fees are lower than western Europe’s and most Asian countries yet providing quality service and a beautiful environment.
- Chance to school and chase your business/trade dreams in the world’s most dynamic trading center.
- Less stressful admission requirements and process.
- Employment Advantage
- Quality of Education and International Recognition
- Travel and exploration.
Eligibility for Scholarship
International students who wish to apply for GSCAAS scholarships are expected to fulfill the following entry requirements:
- Candidates must be a non-Chinese citizen,
- Must be healthy and willing to comply with Chinese laws and regulations,
- must be able to meet the requirements of education and age as follows:
- Master programs: Bachelor and under 35 years old;
- Doctoral programs: Master and under 40 years old;
- visiting scholar: has at least two years of undergraduate studies and is under 35 years old; (Re). Senior Visiting Fellow has a master’s degree or higher degree or academic title as an associate professor or higher and is under 40 years old.
- fluent in English and/or Chinese.
- Candidate must have Knowledge of English and/or Chinese Language.
GSCAAS Scholarships are available for Master and Doctoral programs in the fields of science, engineering, agriculture, and management science.
The GSCAAS Scholarship is hosted in China.
The scholarship award includes the following benefits
(1) registration fee (will be charged after admission);
Master student / PhD student: 600 yuan / person; Guest Researcher / Chief Mediator: 400 yuan / person.
(2) tuition fees:
Master student / visiting scientist: RMB 30,000 / person / year; PhD Student / Principal Investigator: RMB 40,000 / person / year. The annual tuition must be paid at the beginning of each school year.
(3) insurance costs: 800 RMB / year;
(4) accommodation cost: 1500 RMB / month for a student;
The GSCAAS Scholarships is made available for international students from all nationalities.
It does not specify the number of offers
What is GSCAAS Scholarship 2022 Application Procedures
Please submit the following documents in one package, whether electronic or paper. Incomplete or unqualified applications will not be processed.
- CAAS Study Requirements Form (download attachment);
- Photocopy of the personal passport information page (minimum period of validity 2 years);
- Higher Diploma (notarized photocopy);
- Copies of the most advanced studies (notarized photocopy);
- Two reference letters from two professors or experts with the same title in related fields;
- Curriculum vitae and research proposal (not less than 400 words for visiting scientists, not less than 500 words for doctoral students);
- Photocopies of the summary of the dissertation (full document required if written in English) and representative academic documents;
- Review of current employer or work unit (NOK letter);
- Examination Form for Foreigners (please submit a medical examination to the hospitals designated by the Chinese Embassy);
- Acceptance. Applicants with a confirmation letter from CAAS professors are preferred.
How to apply for Chinese Student Visa
- You may apply for Chinese Visa at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your home country. When applying for your visa, please remember to bring a valid passport, the original copy of the university’s Admission Notice, Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China (also known as JW201/JW202 form ) and original physical examination record.
- Make sure that your admission notice, JW202 form and physical examination record (within the validity of their visa, holders of X2 Visa do not need to present the record after arrival in China) is handed back to you together with your passport after obtaining your Chinese visa. You will need these documents to apply for your Residence Permit after your arrival in Chongqing.
- International students who will study in China for more than 6 months are required to obtain an X1 visa, while students who will study in China for less than 6 months may apply for an X2 Visa.
An X1 visa will only be valid for 30 days after your arrival. You must apply for a residence permit within these 30 days in order to obtain legal status in China at Chongqing Municipal Public Security Bureau. You are discouraged from arriving in China ahead of time due to the short time limit of your visa.
When is GSCAAS Scholarship 2021 Application Deadline
The application deadline for 2022 will be closed on the 25th of December 2021. You can know more about the GSCAAS by clicking on the following link.