The Simmons University seeks applications from adequately qualified and interested International students for the prestigious Kotzen Scholarship.
We highly recommend reading through this article before applying for this scholarship to understand all of the specifics about it, including Eligibility, Scholarship Benefits, How to Apply, the Application Deadline, and other pertinent information. Also See: Federal Government Scholarship for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students in Nigeria 2022
- Institution(s): Simmons University
- Category: BSc
- Host Country: United States
- Eligible Countries: International Countries
- Reward: Fully funded
- Deadline: 1st December, 2022
The Gilbert and Marcia Kotzen Scholars Program is a competitive merit grant that acknowledges the smartest and brightest students at Simmons University who are interested in a transformational education.
This is Simmons’ most distinguished award, and it recognizes distinction in study abroad, academic research, and intellectual curiosity.
Students applying for the Kotzen Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Apply as a freshman for the fall semester
- Simmons is test optional so it is your choice if you would like to submit standardized test scores with your admission application. For those choosing to submit test scores, a 28 or higher on the ACT is recommended and a 1300 or higher on the SAT
- Non-native English speakers must submit TOEFL and SAT or ACT scores
- GPA of 3.3 or higher, unweighted
- College preparatory curriculum including an advanced level math course during, or prior to, your senior year of high school
- A record of taking honors, advanced placement (AP) and international baccalaureate (IB) courses, as available in their high school systems
If you are not eligible for the Simmons University Kotzen Scholarship 2022, you can search for alternative Scholarship Opportunities here.
Scholarship Benefits and Duration
The Kotzen Scholarship provides full tuition, room & board, plus an additional $3,000 for academic pursuits such as study abroad, research support, and more.
This scholarship is awarded for the duration of a four-year period of full-time undergraduate study, and supersedes any previously awarded merit scholarship.
How to Apply
The application consists of a short answer and a formal essay in response to the prompts below, as well as a resume including activities and involvements. Students should submit their essays and resume in PDF or Word Doc via email with the subject line “Kotzen Application,” by December 1. Each page of the document should include the student’s full name and date of birth.
Please note: it is the student’s responsibility to submit a working file in the proper format (PDF or Word) as we will not convert or accept incompatible files (i.e. Google Docs, Pages, etc.)
- Short Answer (of no more than 250 words): How would you use your additional annual award of $3,000 (for study abroad, short-term courses, summer internship tuition, and/or research support)?
- Formal Essay (of no more than 500 words): Some people argue that leaders are born, not made, while others defend the opposite view, namely that leaders are “made.” Write an essay in which you defend one view or the other. Use a specific example of a leader, either from history or from your own personal experience, to support your argument.
Finalists chosen for scholarship consideration will be required to complete an interview in February.
Don’t Miss This: Fully funded Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2022/2023
The deadline for this application is 1st December 2022 so Interested Candidates should apply before the deadline