Are you seeking fully funded Scholarship to undertake a higher research degree in Australia? This is to announce the commencement of the Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarship Award for International students. Therefore, application is invited for suitably qualified international students to study in Australia.
Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) International Stipend Scholarship pays a stipend of $28,854.00 per year in 2023 and covers tuition for international students. This scholarship is awarded through a competitive procedure.
We highly recommend reading through this article before applying for this Scholarship to understand all of the specifics about it, including Eligibility, Scholarship Benefits, How to Apply, the Application Deadline, and other pertinent information. Apply Now – Monash University International Merit Scholarship in Australia 2022
- Host Country: Australia
- Category: MSc | PhD
- Eligible Countries: International
- Reward: AU$28,854
- Deadline: 30th September 2022
The Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) International Stipend Scholarship provides a living allowance and tuition fees for high-quality research higher degree students.
They are awarded on academic merit and research experience and/or potential.
To be eligible for a RTP International Stipend Scholarship, you must:
- To be eligible for a RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset or RTP Allowance a student must be a domestic student or an overseas student enrolled in an accredited HDR course of study at an Australian HEP.
- To be eligible for a RTP Stipend a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 per cent of that student’s RTP Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
- To be eligible for a RTP Fees Offset a student must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees.
Note: Students must be enrolled as full-time, on-campus for the duration of their candidature.
U$28,854 (2022 rate) per annum tax free for full-time students, paid in fortnightly instalments.
Three years full-time for a doctoral degree, two years for a research Master’s degree. The duration of an RTP stipend scholarship cannot be extended.
- Statement of Support: All applicants must submit a statement of support from their Principal Supervisor. The University will not request statements on your behalf. This statement should be no more than 500 words and should outline alignment of the applicant’s research proposal with the School research priorities and provide a clear indication of the level of support of the student’s project. There is no specific form for the statement of support and it can be submitted direct to Research Services by the supervisor via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or it may be supplied by the Supervisor to the student for attachment to this application.
- Referee Report: All applicants must provide two referee reports. The University will not request reports on your behalf. Referees must be qualified to speak with knowledge about the applicants work during the qualification most relevant to this application and on your capacity for research. If you are also basing this application on relevant work experience/training, at least one referee must be able to comment on relevant experience.
Applicants must provide contact details of referees on the Candidature and Scholarship Application Form. Applicants must request their referees to submit their written reports directly to the University using the Referee’s Report Form.
How to apply
Please make sure you read the Higher Degree Research Candidature and Scholarship Application Guidelines.
Detailed instructions are included on the form. Please make sure all required documentation is attached, or your application may not be considered.
Applications can only be accepted during Scholarship Round Dates
|15 February 2022||31 March 2022|
|15 August 2022||30 September 2022|