Shell Internship is an excellent way to get to know Shell from the inside and immerse yourself in the energy industry. It can also help you decide what career is right for you. You’ll have full day-to-day involvement in actual projects, selected to match your interests and abilities.
You’ll join a project team and work alongside Shell employees who are all professionals in their fields. Their perspectives will contribute to your understanding of our business, its demands and rewards.
A supervisor and mentor will support you directly and you’ll undertake regular assessments throughout your internship to ensure you get the most from the experience.
What shell requires of you
You’ll be evaluated on your capacity for analysis, decision-making and creating workable solutions, as well as your drive, enthusiasm, resilience and confidence.
During an shell Internship, you’ll have a formal mid-term review with your mentor and supervisor. Following this, there will be a final review where there would be a competency based interview. You’ll also be asked to prepare a final presentation about your project.
Your success in the shell Internship could result in you being offered a full time role.
Shell offers Nigerian students in Higher Institutions the opportunity to gain work experience in different locations. The following are the list of eligible courses:
- Earth Sciences (Geology, Geophysics, Geography)
- Social Sciences
- Medical Sciences
The Shell undergraduate Internship program provides hands-on work experience from day one, providing students the opportunity to work directly with inspiring and experienced professionals. The insights and skills gained by the end of the program would be invaluable for future careers.
Why SHELL Internship
This Shell SIWES Industrial Training Programme is designed for students to:
- Put theories and concepts into practice
- Build work related skills required for the business environment through constructive feedback and supervision
- Improve their general business/industry understanding
- Gain additional skills in areas such as communication, team building, problem solving and analytical reasoning
- Build valuable networks and contacts for professional development
- Gain insights into career options to support choice of specialized field area
WHO CAN APPLY for Shell Internship
Eligible applicants must:
- Be enrolled full‐time in a University or Polytechnic
- Have authorisation from their school to participate in the programme
SHELL Internship Application Process
1. All applicants should have their personal valid email account .
2. Applicants who meet the above requirements should apply via email, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email content must include:
- Student’s name
- Name of University/institution of higher learning
- Matriculation Number/ student ID number
- Course of study
- Required duration/period for internship and
- Contact details
- Scanned copy of official letter/ form from higher institution
- Current Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)/Grade Point Average (GPA)
How to Apply for Intern at Shell using their official page;
Using the link below you can list all current intern positions and apply to the position that suits you.
All applicants are expected to apply not later than three months before the proposed start date.
Please note that Internship opportunities are based on business needs and limited slots are available yearly.