NWAG Scholarships are undergraduate scholarships for Nigerian female students to attend any Nigerian university and pursue any course. The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) plans to award 37 one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), in the amount of Three Hundred U.S. Dollars ($300) each, to a Nigerian undergraduate student in a Nigerian Universities. See Also: Griffith University Research Scholarships in Australia 2022
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): Nigeria Women Association of Georgia (NWAG)
- Host country: Nigeria
- Reward: $300|#174,000 each
- Deadline: 30th May 2022
The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) is a group of accomplished women from various professions who have come together to pool their resources, talents, and efforts in order to better the lives and well-being of the less fortunate in their communities, both in Nigeria and in Georgia, as well as promote Nigeria’s cultural heritage.
NWAG’s objective is to serve her community and Nigeria by empowering, culturally enriching, and educating women, youth, and children, fostering togetherness and excellence in collective endeavours.
NWAG has had a significant impact on the lives of teenagers, women, and children in Atlanta, Georgia and Nigeria since its founding as a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization in 2000.
Check this offer: OpenWHO Online Courses with Free Certification 2022
- Must be a Nigerian
- Must be Female
- Be enrolled in any Nigerian University
If you are not eligible for the NWAG Scholarship Program 2022, you can search for alternative Scholarship Opportunities here.
The NWAG Scholarship is a one-time award of $300 USD(Three hundred dollars)| #174,500(One hundred and seventy-four thousand Naira).
Applicants are required to submit the following documents together with their completed application form:
- Proof of State of Origin- Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two letters of recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or One of your Lecturers.
- One Letter of recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department.
- Photocopy of your current university student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship- (not more than one-half typed page).
- A type-written, double-spaced, two-page essay on: “HOW CAN YOU CREATIVELY USE YOUR FUTURE DEGREE TO BECOME AN ENTREPRENEUR IN NIGERIA? “
How to Apply
Interested prospective applicants are advised to visit NWAG website to download an aplication form.
Note: Application Form and process is free! Do not send money to anyone nor include money in your application.
The deadline for this application is 30th May 2022 so Interested Candidates should apply before the deadline