The NIGInternship program includes training on scientific research, scientific communication, and lab visits to discuss with individual principal investigators. At the end of the program, interns will give a presentation on their experience at the “NIGINTERN Reports Symposium”. Check this offer: Fully Funded Simmons University Kotzen Scholarships 2022
NIG will issue a certificate to those who have successfully completed the program. Interns can also participate in various activities such as graduate program lectures, journal clubs, and seminars by outstanding researchers from inside and outside NIG. Japanese language classes are also provided.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate & Graduate
- Institution(s): NIG
- Study in: Japan
- Benefits: Fully funded
- Program Period: 6 weeks.
- Deadline: 7th January 2022 JST
Eligibility for the NIGInternship Program
- Applicants must be interested in life sciences and be in the prefinal-year at the time of application, i.e. in the 3rd year of a 4-year bachelor’s program, in the 2nd year of a 3-year bachelor’s program, in the 4th year of a 5-year program, in the 1st year of a 2-year master’s program, or in the 5th year of a 6-year program.
- Students who are interested in enrolling in our PhD program at NIG are encouraged to apply.
- Because of a highly competitive selection process, applications from non-prefinal students and students in a PhD course are not considered.
- The selection is highly competitive. 12 brilliant students out of over 2,200 applications were selected for 2021. The number of successful applicants varies from year to year.
Interns must agree to fulfill the following requirements.
- Conform to the regulations of NIG.
- Maintain confidentiality of unpublished information obtained at NIG.
- Dedicate full efforts to the NIGINTERN program. Complete assignments, tasks, and projects associated with the internship program.
- Participate in the project for the full term of the internship (on a full-time basis, five days a week until the end of the designated term) . Work on the days and times agreed with the supervisor.
- Give an oral presentation on the scheduled day to report the research results.
- Submit an essay and a questionnaire at the end of the internship term.
- Submit all the boarding pass stubs of flights arranged by NIG to and from Japan.
If the conditions listed above are not fully met, NIG shall take necessary actions such as reduction of the financial support and/or termination of the internship.
- November 26, 2021 to noon on January 7, 2022 (Japan Standard Time): Application Period
- By Early March, 2022 : Result Announcement
- March to May: Arrangement for Travel
- June 16 to July 27: Internship
- Early August: Submission of Assignments
- NIG will cover a round-trip airfare between the intern’s place of residence and Japan
- A round-trip transportation fare between the airport in Japan and NIG
- Accommodation fees at the institute’s guesthouse
- Travel insurance during the program.
- Living and miscellaneous expenses other than the above will not be provided by NIG and the interns must pay these costs by themselves.
- Letter of Motivation/ Self advertisement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Scanned Academic Transcript
- Two reccommendation letters of your teachers
How to Apply
We accept applications only through the online application system. Please read the “Application guideline” below carefully and follow the instructions.
The deadline for this application is 7th January 2022.