The UWC movement is a non-profit making organization with International Headquarters in London. The Nigeria National Committee was founded in 1982. Currently, Mr. Hakeem Belo-Osagie (an alumnus of UWC) is the Chairman of the Committee while Mr. Akintola Williams (CBE, OFR) is the National Patron.
Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges (UWC) invites applications for:
Title: Annual UWC Scholarship Award/Selection Exercise 2020
- The Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges (UWC) invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerian candidates for a limited number of needs-based scholarship awards and fee paying places in some UWCs for entry in September 2020.
- The colleges prepare students for a two-year International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Certificate. Parents/Guardians may be required to foot the bills of their wards flight ticket, pocket money, health insurance, clothing, etc. where applicable. Some scholarship awards may only partially cover the cost of tuition and accommodation.
- The UWC movement seeks outstanding students who want to become change-makers for a better world, regardless of their socio-economic, religious, national, ethnic or cultural background. If you are a passionate learner, excited at the prospect of studying and living with young people from around the world, a UWC education is for you.
To be Eligible to Apply
- Candidates must have demonstrated outstanding academic ability and must have obtained the Senior School Certificate SSC/GCE, O’ Levels or their recognized equivalent.
- Exceptional students in SS3 may also apply on the basis of their 2 years continuous assessment.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 16 and 17 years.
- Fully Funded University of Oxford Reach Oxford Scholarships in UK 2023.
- Fully Funded British Council Scotland SGSAH EARTH Scholarships 2023.
- Fully Funded Stamps Scholars Program in USA 2022.
- Fully Funded University of Tokyo Government of Japan MEXT Scholarships 2023.
- Apply Now – Emory University Scholarship in USA 2022.
Application Closing Date
12th October 2019.
Method of Application
Application forms can be obtained on the payment of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira only) by a Bank Draft drawn on any Nigerian Bank in favor of the Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges (Call/WhatsApp 09058169893 for account details). Candidates from any public school who are nominated by the school may obtain the forms at the cost of N1,000.00 (One Thousand Naira only).
Forms can be picked up or dropped off with the receptionist at:
The Nigerian National Committee Secretariat,
13th Floor, St. Nicholas House,
Catholic Mission Street,
Lagos – Nigeria.
Note: Payment in any form cannot be effected at this location above;
Forms can be purchased and/or submitted at our purchasing and submitting centres below in Abuja or Port Harcourt:
Dr. Kevin Ihenetu
Citizenship and Leadership Training Centre,
Plot 1075, Joseph Gomwalk Street, After Bahamas Plaza,
Gudu – Abuja.
Mrs. Chioma Nwigwe
18 Egbelo Street, Off Okporo Road,
Port Harcourt – Rivers State.
Forms can also be downloaded HERE (PDF) but all applications must be submitted at any of the centers above or scanned and sent directly to our email: email@example.com with the prescribed fees/evidence of payment within the application period.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a rigorous selection exercise at the Sea School Apapa holding from Friday, December 6th to Sunday, December 8th, 2019.
- Candidates invited for the interview will be required to pay an interview fee to defray the cost of feeding, lodging, etc. This fee will be communicated on shortlisting.
- Please Note that we will only communicate with those candidates who have been shortlisted.
If you wish to set-up an appointment to discuss your application, please contact us via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , Tel: 09058169893
KINDLY CLICK THE SHARE BUTTON IF THIS POST IS HELPFUL