Nigeria LNG Limited wishes to invite interested First Year Undergraduates and high performing basic six pupils in Nigeria to apply for the 2019/2020 NLNG Scholarship Award.
Application Deadline: 13th May, 2019.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): Universities in Nigeria
About the Award: The Nigeria LNG Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme started in 1998 as part of Nigeria LNG Limited’s Corporate Social Responsibility to Nigerian Citizens to enhance human capacity development.
Nigeria LNG Limited wishes to invite interested First Year undergraduates in Nigerian Universities to apply for the 2018/2019 NLNG Scholarship Award. The purpose of Nigeria LNG Scholarship Award Scheme is to promote academic excellence amongst students in institutions in Rivers State and the rest of the country.
The post-Primary scheme kicked off in 2012
Type: Post-primary, Undergraduate
Post-Primary: Prospective pupils are admitted onto the scheme based on excellent performance at the annual National Examinations Council’s (NECO) Common Entrance Examinations.
Criteria For Award for 2019 NLNG Post-Primary Scholarship Programme
- Be an indigene of NLNG host communities.
- Be a basic 5 or 6 pupil 0 Provide his/her Basic Five result
- Must provide on attestation letter signed & stamped by the Head Teacher of his/her school (contact number of the Head Teacher also to be included)
- Provide an indigene confirmation letter signed by the CDC Chairman or Chief in his/her community.
- Provide letter of identification from his/her Local Government Council.
- Not be a child or word of sta of Nigeria LNG Limited.
Undergraduate: Beneficiaries are selected through a rigorous and transparent selection process organized in collaboration with the Aptitude Test Department of WAEC.
Criteria For Award for 2019 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship Programme
- Have excellent/very good West Africa School Certificate (WASC) or National Examination Council results at ONE sitting
- Have a top score at the Joint Admissions & Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination
- Not be on any other Scholarship Award from other companies or agencies
- Not be a spouse, child, ward or direct relation of sta of Nigeria LNG Limited
- Be a certified Full-Time Year-One student of any Nigerian University at the time of application
Method of Application for 2019 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme
- Click on the “Our CSR” menu to select “Education” from the drop down menu,
- Click on “Scholarship” link and then on the “Under-Graduate” link to access the application portal.
All applications MUST include the following scanned copies as attachments:
- Passport sized photographs
- WASC or NECO result
- JAMB result
- University admission letter
- University student ID card
- LGA Letter of identication
Note Applicants must fill in valid contact details as these will be used to communicate status of application Application will be disqualied:
- For incomplete attachments
- Non-adherence to advertised criteria
Undergraduate: Applicants must be first year undergraduate students in a recognized Nigerian university
Post-Primary: Applicants must be high performing basic six pupils in company’s host communities and the oil-producing states
Number of Scholarship: Several
Value of Scholarship
Scholarship recipient will receive the payment of a yearly Scholarship allowance as beneficiaries in Institutions in Nigeria.
The award has undergone several value reviews from N30, 000.00 at inception to N50, 000.00 and then to value of N 100,000.00.
Duration of Study: For the duration of the program
How to Apply
To apply for the Undergraduate scholarship go here and complete the application form.
To apply for the Post-Primary scholarship go here and complete the application form.
Only qualified applicants shall be short-listed for the selection tests.
The following candidates need not apply
- Beneficiaries of other scholarship schemes.
- Second (2) to Final year students.
- Part-time students.