Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) invites applications from qualified candidates for the NLNG Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for entry into Masters Programmes in the United Kingdom in September 2019.
Application Deadline: 13th May, 2019.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): NLNG 2019 Scholarships are available in the following 3 UK Universities: University of Aberdeen, University of Cranfield and the University of Manchester.
Eligible Field of Study: Courses covered by this scheme include
- Environmental Studies
- Management Sciences
- Information Technology
About the Award: This scholarship scheme was launched in October 2012 and is being managed by the British Council. The first 10 beneficiaries and second 13 beneficiaries left to the United Kingdom for their studies in 2013 and 2014 respectively.
NLNG scholarship is valued at between $60,000 and $69,000, depending on the course, and is tenable for programmes in top academic institutions in the UK. Courses covered by this scheme include
- Environmental Studies,
- Information Technology,
- Law and Medicine.
The first and second sets of beneficiaries have completed their studies and returned to Nigeria. The 2015 set of 15 beneficiaries has commenced their programmes in various UK universities.
Eligibility Criteria: Prospective beneficiaries must –
- Have a provisional admission from select UK institutions to study any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, Information Technology, Law, Medicine
- Possess a minimum of 2nd Class Upper degree in a relevant field of study
- Have completed the NYSC programme
- Not less than a 8.0 IELTS
- Be no more than 30 years of age
- Be Nigerian nationals resident in Nigeria
- Provide identification documents from their LGAs
- Possess an international passport valid for travel at least one year from September 2018
- Be able to obtain a tier-4 visa upon being successful
- Provide evidence that they are available to travel in September 2018 if selected
- Not be a direct relative of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited
- Number of Scholarships: Several
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Interested persons should visit www.nigerialng.comhttp://www.nigerialng.com to apply. Click on the ”Our CSR” menu to select ”Education” from the drop down menu, click on ”Scholarship” link and then on the ”Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme” link to access the application portal. All applications MUST include scanned and uploaded copies of the following documents:
- 1. International passport bio data page
- 2. First Degree certificate
- 3. NYSC certificate
- 4. Provisional admission letter from indicated UK institutions
- 5. IELTS result
- 6. LGA Letter of identification
- 7. Employer consent letter (where applicable)
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship is valued at between $60,000 and $69,000, depending on the course.
Duration of Scholarship: Tenable for programmes in top academic institutions in the UK
How to Apply: It is important to go through the Application Requirements and note all necessary documents before applying.
If you are having issues with the online registration form
- Username must be all CAPS
- Password must contain, CAPITAL LETTER, small letter, num3ric, and any of these(-.,/*).
Visit Scholarship Webpage for Details
Important Notes: All requested documents must be attached. Only shortlisted applicants shall be invited for the selection interview. Applicants are therefore advised to be on the lookout for the short list on the NLNG website.