The NASA LPI Summer Internship Program 2022 in the United States is accepting applications. All international students from all corners of the globe are welcome to apply. Houston, Texas, hosts the LPI Summer Internship Program, which is a fully funded internship program. The NASA LPI Internship program will run for ten weeks, from June 6th to August 12th, 2022. There are no IELTS or TOFEL requirements for this internship program. With an English Proficiency Certificate, you can apply. Check: New University of Stirling Undergraduate Scholarships 2022
About LPI Summer Internship:
LPI is a summer paid internship program in the field of planetary science which provides undergraduate students with an opportunity to learn, gain, research, and seek help from professional planetary scientists. During the 10- week internship, students will be participating in social activities, NASA visits, lectures, and career development workshops. Applicants will be considered for appointment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, national origin, age, handicap status, or other non-merit factors.
Undergraduate students can participate in cutting-edge, peer-reviewed research, learn from well-known planetary scientists, and find fascinating careers in planetary science through the LPI Summer Paid Intern Program in Planetary Science. Students can participate in enrichment activities such as NASA Johnson Space Center research trips, lectures, and career development workshops during their 10-week internship. The application window is wide open, so study the eligibility requirements and apply.
Eligibility for LPI Summer Internship Program
Students are required to be eligible enough to match the following conditions:
- LPI provides 50 semester hours for the work of lunar and planetary sciences, students should intend to attend all the hours respectfully.
- Students with a major in physics, mathematics, computer science or engineering have an advantage but any eligible student can apply.
- Foreign nationals will be required to submit IELTS or TOEFL scores OR an English proficiency certificate from any professor of the university which supports the fact that student is proficient
- level English speaker or writer.
- Students must be undergraduate.
LPA Summer Internship Program is not only paid but it’s a fully-funded 10-weeks program that provides successful applicants with financial coverage.
Successful applicants will receive $7,300 USD to cover the following:
- Housing expense.
- Living expense.
- Travel expense. (International applicants might get additional $500 USD)
- Internship stipends.
- In addition to the expenses, financial support of up to $1,000 USD (domestic travelers) and up to $1,500 (international travelers) is offered to interns who submit an accepted abstract as the first author to the upcoming Lunar and Planetary Science Conference.
The internship program will bring the following advances into the applicant’s professional life.
- Valuable research experience.
- Refine skills and develop new.
- Meet and establish contact with other professionals.
- Experience a working environment of a whole new level.
- The LPI is located near the NASA Johnson Space Center, on the south side of Houston, Texas, so on NASA’s behalf, the LPI provides leadership in the scientific community for research in lunar, planetary, and solar system sciences and linkage with related terrestrial programs.
How to Apply for NASA LPI Summer Internship Program?
There is an Online Application System to apply for the LPI Internship program. Follow the instruction given below to apply.
- You will need to apply using the online application form. Paper applications will not be accepted.
- Once you begin the application, you must complete all of the questions on the form, including essay-style questions.
- Transcripts and letters of recommendation may be submitted independently but must be
received by December 13, 2021
- Upon submission, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with your application number and a link to view the status of your reference letters. You are required to submit three reference letters to qualify for the program.
- Applicant’s college registrar may should send an official transcript to LPI Summer Intern
The program, Application #, 3600 Bay Area Boulevard, Houston, TX 77058-1113.
- If you are a foreign national, you will be asked to provide proof of English proficiency.
- This may be in the form of a Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score, or a letter from one of the professors in the English department at your university confirming that you have sufficient spoken and written English language skills to successfully participate in our internship program.
- Be sure to include your application number in the address you provide to your registrar.
- Transcripts must be received by the LPI no later than December 13, 2021, for your applications to be considered
Result Announcement for LPI Summer Internship Program:
Selection will be done on the following basis:
- Scholarship and curriculum.
- Career objectives and scientific interest.
- Match of applicant’s interest with an available research project.
- The result will be announced in March 2022 and students will be notified. Notified students will be required to respond within 2 working days. If the response is not received, the application will be unconsidered.
The deadline for this application is December 13, 2021
For more info contact;