The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program offers an opportunity for her scholars to receive holistic training that empowers them to become effective change leaders. The Program provides an array of services including mentorship, ethical leadership seminars, skills training, etc. that will lead to the scholar’s academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will equip the scholar to be a global citizen. See Also: Griffith University Research Scholarships in Australia 2022
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)
- Host country: Ghana
- Reward: fully funded
- Deadline: 30th June 2022 at 17:00GMT
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (MCFSP at KNUST) provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant university education.
It encompasses a variety of mentorship and cultural transfer programs to assure student academic success, community engagement, and employment prospects, all of which will contribute to Africa’s social and economic progress.
- At the time of application, all prospective candidates must have in their possession, a genuine and valid WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O ‘Level & A ‘Level or their equivalent results from an accredited/recognized institutions. Applicant’s results must not be more than five years old.
- The candidates must further meet KNUST’s Admission Requirements. The scholarship is awarded contingent on the premise that the applicant is successfully admitted into a program at KNUST.
- For admission into KNUST Ghanaian applicants need to purchase an E voucher for the purpose and fill the application for admission whenever the online portal opens – (HERE!) international applicants are instructed to visit the same address and select the option for International students only.
- NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be processed for the scholarship.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to:
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
- The Applicant must NOT be enrolled in any tertiary institution.
Check this offer: OpenWHO Online Courses with Free Certification 2022
Please note that you do not qualify to apply if;
- you are either presently enrolled in any tertiary institution or you have completed one
- if you are found to have provided any false information, you would be dismissed from the program.
Note: Applicants are also to note that the ENTIRE APPLICATION PROCESS IS FREE AND MCFSP AT KNUST HAS NO INTERMEDIARIES. Applicants who make payments to individuals and organizations in relation to this application process do so at their own risk.
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation allowance and a full-year monthly stipend).
- Counselling Support Services
- Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, and Enterprise Development, amongst others)
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back),
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for Professional development.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and networking with the Global Scholars Community.
- A copy of WASSCE/Senior High School Certificate/result slip
- Three reference letters
- Provide evidence of esimated income of parents/guardians.
- High school transcripts/terminal reports covering the last three years of school.
- birth certificate and
- Other relevant documents
International Applicants Should Note and attach copies of their original certificates of their results or their equivalent results.
How to Apply
Interested Applicants should click the link below to download the Application form
Note: Qualified applicants should apply for the scholarship as soon as they can. Do not wait until admissions are opened at KNUST.
Completed application forms must be sent via courier mail (Eg. EMS, DHL, Fedex, UPS) to the address below;
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST
Africa Hall Road, Impact Building
Qualified Applicants should apply on or before TUESDAY, 30TH JUNE, 2022, as any application arriving after 30th June, 2022 shall not be processed.