Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Ghana is offering MasterCard Foundation Scholarships for Ghanaian and African students 2020/2021.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST gives scholastically capable yet financially impeded youngsters in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and significant advanced degree.
It encapsulates a variety of coaching and social progress administrations to guarantee understudy scholastic achievement, network commitment and progress to business openings which will advance social and monetary change for Africa.
Application Deadline: 1st May, 2020
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Ghana and other African countries
Eligible Field of Study: A preference for Science students; however, all subjects are considered
Offered Since: 2013
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: For the 2020/2021 Academic year, the opportunity is open to;
- All Applicants with WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognised institution and Certificate Ready and meets KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. Applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to;
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
5. The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
Number of Scholarships: several
Value of Scholarship: The Scholarship includes;
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back), and uniquely sourced internships.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- The opportunity to be enrolled on an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies with an MCF Partner institution in the USA.
Duration of Scholarship: full period of study
How to Apply: Download a copy of the 2020/2021 application form here!
Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS or any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
℅ Office of the Dean of Students
Private Mail Bag
KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents
- The print out of KNUST’s online admission
- Original Certificates for both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent.
Award of the Scholarship will be published on the Program’s website