This is to announce the commencement of the Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program for International students. Therefore, application is invited for suitably qualified international students to Stanford University in California.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars cultivates and supports a multidisciplinary and multicultural community of graduate students from across Stanford University, and delivers engaging experiences that prepare graduates to be visionary, courageous, and collaborative leaders who address complex challenges facing the world.
We highly recommend reading through this article before applying for this scholarship to understand all of the specifics about it, including Eligibility, Scholarship Benefits, How to Apply, the Application Deadline, and other pertinent information. Also See: Tongarewa Scholarships at Victoria University of Wellington 2022
- Institution(s): Stanford University
- Category: Postgraduate
- Host Country: USA
- Eligible Countries: International
- Reward: fully funded
- Deadline: 12th October 2022
Knight-Hennessy scholars develop deep domain expertise in their Stanford graduate program, and build on this domain expertise through exposure to a wide range of disciplines and cultures within the Knight-Hennessy Scholars (KHS) community.
Scholars participate in the King Global Leadership Program (KGLP), which includes workshops, lectures, projects, and experiences that strengthen transformational leadership capabilities. Through KGLP, scholars collaborate and prepare to address important challenges and opportunities facing the world, such as climate change, healthcare, government and policy, and education.
There are two baseline eligibility requirements.
Requirement 1: Admission to Stanford
You must meet at least one of the following four conditions:
- You are applying separately but concurrently to KHS and a full-time Stanford graduate degree program such that you will start both in the same year.
- You have already been offered and deferred admission to a full-time Stanford graduate degree program, and will apply to KHS such that you will start both in the same year.
- You are a current Stanford graduate student who will apply to add a second full-time Stanford graduate degree program, such that you will start both KHS and the new program in the same year.
- You are a current Stanford PhD student in your first year of enrollment, and will apply to KHS such that you will start KHS in your second year of PhD enrollment.
Requirement 2: Undergraduate Degree Date
- You must have earned, in January 2016 or later, a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a college or university of recognized standing.
- If you graduated with your first/bachelor’s degree more than seven years before your intended enrollment date (in 2015 or earlier, for the autumn 2023 intake), then you are not eligible for consideration as a Knight-Hennessy scholar.
If you are not eligible for the Knight Hennessy Scholarship 2023, you can search for alternative Scholarship Opportunities here ‘
Scholars receive a fellowship for up to three years of tuition, depending upon their degree length. In addition, scholars receive a stipend for living and academic expenses, and a travel stipend for one annual trip to and from Stanford.
- Online Application
- Transcripts & Test Scores
- Recommendation Letters
- Short Answers & Essay
- You must submit all Knight-Hennessy Scholars application materials in English via our online application. We do not accept materials sent via email or postal mail.
- We highly recommend that you apply using a current version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- For reference only, here is a PDF sample of the application for the autumn 2022 intake.
How to Apply
Each incoming Knight-Hennessy Scholar must also apply to, be accepted by, and enroll in a full-time Stanford graduate degree program. Unless you have already been offered and deferred admission to a full-time Stanford graduate degree program, or you are a first-year Stanford PhD student applying to join KHS in your second year, you must submit two separate applications; one to Knight-Hennessy Scholars, and one to your desired Stanford graduate degree program. To start your application, click ‘Click here to Apply’.