International Master of Science in Soils and Global Change (IMSOGLO) offers scholarships to applicants of all nationalities, which are fully-funded scholarships that cover the cost of the program, a monthly allowance, and travel expenses up to a total of 49,000 euros for the full 2-year IMSOGLO program.
The IMSOGLO program is Organized by the International Training Centre of the Faculty of Bioscience Engineering at Ghent University.
About IMSOGLO Scholarship
This program has two specialization options of 90 ECTS, to be chosen in advance (at application time) and to start after the 1st semester (30 ECTS).
- Specialization “Soil biogeochemistry and global change” is organized by Ghent University, the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna and the University of Göttingen and leads to a joint MSc-diploma issued by these 3 universities.
- Specialization “Physical land resources and global change” is organized by Ghent University and Aarhus University, and leads to a joint MSc-diploma issued by these 2 universities.
- Programme Country Students: (all EU countries + Iceland, Liechtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey, UK)
- Partner Country Students: (other nationalities)
To be Taken at (Country): One or two of the following universities:
- Ghent University
- Aarhus University
- University of Göttingen
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, known by its acronym BOKU
Eligibility and Requirements
- In order to enter the IMSOGLO programme you need to have at least an academic bachelor degree (minimum 180 ECTS credits) in pure or applied sciences (e.g., chemistry, biology, geology, civil or agricultural engineering, environmental or agricultural sciences, etc.) or an equivalent level from a recognised university or engineering college.
- the obtained bachelor degree must contain at least 40 ECTS credits in natural sciences (physics, chemistry, mathematics, ecology, biology, geography, environmental sciences and agricultural sciences).
English language requirements
Accepted official language test certificates:
- TOEFL IBT (at least total score of 90 out of 120)
- Academic IELTS (overall band score of at least 6.5 with at least 6 for writing)
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE)
Other certificates such as TOEFL/IELTS predictive tests and TOEIC will not be accepted.
“Language of instruction certificate”:
If you have obtained at least 60 ECTS credits with English as the language of instruction, you can provide a stamped and signed certificate of English proficiency issued by your home university.
Only if you have obtained your degree in Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Australian Territories, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Cameroon, Canada, Cook Islands, Curacao, Dominica, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Great Britain, Guernsey, Guyana, Hongkong, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Jamaica, Jersey, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, Namibia, Nauru, New-Zealand, Nigeria, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Rwanda, Salomon Islands, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and Grenadines, South-Africa, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, United States of America, United Kingdom Overseas Territories, US Territories, Vanuatu, Zambia or Zimbabwe.
A “Language of instruction” certificate will not be accepted if you have obtained your degree in another country than the countries mentioned above.
Selection Criteria: The IMSOGLO Scholarship Selection Group, with representatives of all partner universities, ranks all applications based on previous achievements, motivation, and references. Scholarship nominees will be notified by 1 April 2021.
The student receives
- 1000 euro per month allowance as support for housing and general subsistence outside of the country of residence of the student (food & leisure)
- a travel allowance up to 3000 euro year (can be lower depending of your residence)
- a one-time installation contribution of 1000 euro for Partner Country Students.
Scholarship Duration: two years
How to Apply for IMSOGLO scholarship
- Read this Manual well and follow its instructions.
- Go to the Application Portal.
- In the Application Portal, you will need to upload a pdf of your passport, CV, bachelor diploma (or certificate of enrolment), transcript of records, English language certificate, motivation letter and 2 reference letters.
- After your application, you will receive further instructions via e-mail.
- Prepare your legalized documents (diploma, transcript of records) and follow these instructions.
A complete application file (bachelor diploma, transcript of records (translated by a sworn translator to Dutch, French, German, or English), and English language certificate) by the deadline is absolutely required if you apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
Application Deadline for IMSOGLO scholarship
This Scholarship Application is open till 28th February 2022.
Note: It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage