GraceCo Limited is a food processing and manufacturing company with a specialty in consumer goods and the production of input for bakers and the confectionery industries. Graceco is a leader in confectioneries and bakers’ items. Our success is powered by our world-class team of highly engaged and committed staff.
At Graceco you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapidly expanding business means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight and acquire lifetime experience.
The position is to assist HR department in all related HR matters as will be assigned by the HR Manager. This is an entry-level position for anyone who wants to develop a career in Human resource management. The position reports to HR Manager.
Job location and working hours:
The position is located at Alagbado Lagos, Nigeria.
Working time is normally between 7:30 am-5 pm Mondays to Fridays and 8:30 am-3 pm on Saturdays.
- Ensures documents are kept in the right location and are accessible to authorized person both in hard copy & soft copy making sure documents are categorized according to type including checking and approving documents before they are filed and liaising with the internal and external person(s)to ensure that documents contain correct and understandable information.
- Checking the quality of documents incoming & outgoing.
- Assist in various HR functions; from start to finish
- Welcomes new employees to the organization by conducting orientation program/training
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resources information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and seminars.
- Serve as HR contact person for selected departments; Payroll preparation, handle minor disciplinary issues, advice managers
- Advise employee on HR and company policies, procedures, and practices
- Maintains employee information by entering and updating employment status-change data on ERP, TAMS and other software
- Conduct reference checks for new staff
- Manage annual leave for staff
- Develop and manage resume database
- Demonstrate good knowledge of regulatory issues; pension, group life insurance, NSITF, PAYE, etc.
- Other related activities as may be assigned and as contained/reviewed in the HRAdmin Shared services.
- Draft various concise and error-free letters such as query, disciplinary action, offer letter, confirmation letter, etc
- Compute quarterly and periodic report for various HR metrics
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn new software and applications very fast
- The applicant must be willing to develop a career in HR and passionate about staff welfare.
- Ability to work in a team and follow up on assigned task consistently and continuously
- Demonstrate a high level of self-management, networking, seeing the big picture and Proactiveness
- Ability to handle successfully and effectively assigned responsibility for specific assignments such as conducting surveys, investigating matters, conflict resolution, making inquiries, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Effective people supervision skill; Possess the confidence and ability to influence people; strong physical presence and energy
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills; be self-motivated
- Possess a high level of initiative and emotional intelligence; able to think outside the box
- Sound awareness of emerging issues within and outside department/organization with the ability to adapt to the changing operating environment of the sector
- Must be quick to learn and fast thinker, creative and smart
- Must be familiar with social media.
- Applicant should have degree in Human Resource Management.
- Applicant must have graduated with at least second class upper division from a reputable university.
- Applicant must have completed NYSC.
- Applicant must be computer literate: Excel, MS Word, Power Point
- Applicant must reside within Ikeja, Agege, Ipaja, Otta, Alagbado and environs.
- Membership of CIPMN, SHRM, and CIPD is an added advantage.
- Applicant must have zero to one year experience
Apply before Monday, June 29, 2020.