The Griffith University International Postgraduate Research Scholarship is available to apply for during the University’s Continuous Scholarship Round. The GUIPRS covers tuition fees for the applicant for up to three years for doctoral candidates and up to two years for research masters candidates. In addition, the scholarship covers Overseas Student Health Cover for the applicant and any dependant/s for the duration of the scholarship.
Research candidates are required to hold a visa for their program length plus an additional eight months to allow for interactive thesis marking. Candidates undertaking a PhD will require 57 months of overseas health cover.
Holders of Griffith University scholarships will receive cover (if undertaking a PhD) for the first 42 months of their program and will be required to pay the remaining 15 months (and provide evidence of coverage) at the time of accepting their offer.
- Level of Study: Masters and PhD
- Institution(s): Griffith University
- Host country: Australia
- Reward: Tuition/health benefits
- Deadline: 11th July 2022
Griffith University, in South East Queensland, Australia, was established in 1971. With more than 50,000 students, it is a public research university.
Griffith University offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in the following fields: visual and performing arts, science and aviation, humanities and languages, engineering and information technology, planning and architecture, business and government, criminology and law, education, environment, health, and music.
Check this offer: OpenWHO Online Courses with Free Certification 2022
The Griffith University International Postgraduate Research Scholarship is available to international applicants who
- A GUIPRS will not be awarded to a candidate who is in receipt of an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth Government designed to offset research program tuition fees.
- The applicant cannot be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian visa, nor a New Zealand citizen, nor an International Student.
- be commencing or enrolled in a HDR program (for which GUIPRS support is
- available) at Griffith University.
- Applicants should refer to current GUIPRS conditions of award (PDF, 173k) for further details.
Note: Awardees are ranked and selected on the basis of academic merit, research potential and the quality of the research training environment in which the research project will be undertaken, taking into account the University’s strategic priorities
- Personal details
- English language proficiency
- Research proposal
- Evidence of supervision
- Previous education: You will need to provide a copy of your official transcript(s) for all previous tertiary study detailing the units/subjects you have completed and the results/grades awarded, including information on institution grading systems/scales, and evidence of completion.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Referee report: You will be required to nominate two persons on your application who can testify to your academic achievements and speak to your research capabilities
List of Fields Available for Study:
- Science and environment
- Architecture, construction, and planning
- Humanities, languages and social science
- Business and government
- Music and performing arts
- Criminology and law
- Engineering and Information Technology
- Medicine, dentistry, and health
- Visual and creative arts.
- The GUIPRS Scholarship relieves the awardee of the obligation to pay program tuition fees throughout the award period.
- the cost of a basic Overseas Student Health Cover insurance that covers the candidate and any dependents (if any) for up to 42 months
The GUIPRS is a full fee paying scholarship and matches the value of the fees charged by the enrolment Element.
The GUIPRS may be held for up to two years for a research masters program and up to three years for a doctoral program. A six month extension may be granted to doctoral candidates in certain circumstances.
How to Apply
New applicants must follow the process for submitting an online application for a higher degree by research program, which also includes a section for scholarship application. Current research candidates are required to follow a different process for submitting a scholarship application. Details can be found here.
Applicants may only apply a maximum of two times in a five year period for consideration in the scholarship ranking and selection process.
The Deadline for the Griffith University International Postgraduate Research Scholarship is 11th July 2022