Wageningen University & Research is a joint venture between Wageningen University and Wageningen Research. Wageningen University & Research’s strength comes from its capacity to bring together the forces of specialized research institutes and the university.
It also rests in the collaborative efforts of several natural and social science domains. This collaboration produces scientific advances that can be promptly implemented and integrated into education.
- Institution(s): Wageningen University and Research Foundation
- Number of Scholarship: 10
The Africa Scholarship Programme (ASP) offers talented and motivated students from Africa the unique opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree at Wageningen University and to support capacity building in Africa. Check this offer: Fully Funded Helmut Veith Scholarship for Females in Computer Science 2022
You are a citizen of an African country
2. You are an excellent student with a First class honours degree or a GPA of 80% or higher in a Bachelor degree
3. You have applied for one the master’s programmes of Wageningen University & Research before 3 January 2022. For the MSc application please see: How can I apply for the master’s programme? (Non EU/EFTA)
If you do not meet one of the above requirements, you are not eligible for the Africa Scholarship Programme and you will not be invited for the selection procedure.
- Travel to and from Wageningen
- Living allowance for the duration of the programme (24 months)
- Tuition fee coverage for the duration of the programme (24 months)
- Visa costs and costs for health insurance
- A budget for one seminar in Europe (travel, stay, registration fee)
- A budget for participation in the ‘reach your full potential programme’
The selection procedure for this scholarship is based on invitation. It’s not possible to apply directly.
In the first half of March 2022, all African students who have been unconditionally admitted to an MSc programme at Wageningen University will be assessed with regard to the Africa Scholarship Programme.
A selected group of candidates will be invited by e-mail on 15 March 2022 to participate in the ASP selection procedure. Only candidates who will be invited for the ASP selection will receive an e-mail. It will be announced on the website (under step 5) when the invitations have been sent.
The first step of the selection procedure consists of an assignment for which the deadline will be 30 March 2022.
After a thorough assessment of all received assignments, a smaller selection of candidates will be invited for the second step of the selection procedure, which is a Skype interview with a part of the selection committee. The Skype interviews will take place between 18 April and 29 April 2022.
All selected candidates who have been invited to write an assignment will be informed on 11 April 2022 whether or not they will be invited for a Skype interview.
How to Apply
If you meet the above eligibility requirements, you can apply for an MSc programme and, after being unconditionally admitted, we might invite you to participate in the Africa Scholarship Programme selection procedure.
Please note: If you do not meet one of the above eligibility requirements, you are not eligible for the Africa Scholarship Programme and you will not be invited for the selection procedure.
For the MSc application please see: How can I apply for the master’s programme? (Non EU/EFTA)
A list of Wageningen University MSc programmes can be found
On 16 May 2022, the result of the selection process will be communicated to all candidates that had a Skype interview.
The possible results are:
- Positive and an ASP scholarship will be granted;
- Positive but the candidate will be placed on a waiting list;
- Negative, meaning that no ASP scholarship will be granted.
The Deadline for this application is January 3rd 2022
- 3 January 2022: Deadline to apply for an MSc programme
- 15 March 2022: Invitation of selected candidates to take part in the further selection process (approx. 60 candidates will be selected)
- 30 March 2022: Deadline of the assignment
- 11 April 2022: Decision about Skype interviews communicated (approx. 20 candidates will be interviewed)
- 18 April – 29 April 2022: Skype interviews
- 16 May 2022: Results of the selection process communicated