The Microsoft Cloud and Data Scholarship Program is one of the world’s leading scholarships. Udacity and Microsoft have teamed up to offer 150 fully-funded scholarships to achieve two big goals.
First, we want to increase the number of professionals with Microsoft Azure AI engineering skills and prepare them to pass the Microsoft Certification. More importantly, we hope to expand diversity of individuals with Microsoft skills, particularly women and people identifying as Black or Hispanic. We have two separate tracks for this program—a foundational program for beginners and a more advanced practitioner program—so learners at all levels are encouraged to apply. Must Check: Google Summer of Code Internship Program 2022
- Institution(s):Microsoft and Udacity
- No. of Scholarships: 150
- Reward: Fully funded
- Deadline: 18th April 2022
The main goal of partnering with Udacity and Microsoft to provide these 150 fully funded scholarships is to achieve two main goals. The primary goal of the full IT Scholarship is to increase the number of professionals who specialize in Microsoft Azure Artificial Intelligence and are capable of passing the Microsoft Certification. The second goal of this international scholarship opportunity is to promote diversity and to include women and members of underserved communities.
Microsoft, unlike Udacity, does not require any prior knowledge. Microsoft entered the technological realm in 1975 and has since expanded its reach to all walks of life. The focus of this Microsoft Scholarship is on Microsoft Azure, which is primarily used for cloud computing.
Participants in the scholarship program can learn advanced skills in computer services such as servers, storage, databases, networking, software, analytics, and Internet intelligence. There are two tracks in the program: Foundation and Professional.
Those selected as one of 50 scholarship recipients will begin their chosen Nanodegree program. During your learning journey, you will have the opportunity to participate in networking and mentoring sessions to learn industry best practices and more.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. We encourage individuals at any skill level to apply.
- Upon successful completion, Microsoft is offering graduates of both tracks certification codes so that they can sign up for their respective certifications ($165 value) at no cost. Build an impressive resume and portfolio with the certification and real-world projects from the program.
- You will work on real-world projects with the most up-to-date content, co-created with top industry experts to build your portfolio. Throughout your journey, you will have access to a supportive online community, where you will get support from mentors and fellow learners, along with building a strong industry network. Graduates from both tracks have the opportunity to take the related Microsoft Certification exam at no cost.
- Students will have access to the course material through their classroom and will have regular virtual touchpoints with a Udacity Tutor to check on their progress, work through case studies and solve their technical blockers. In order to graduate, students must complete a set of projects within the specified timeframe.
Number of Scholarships
There are 150 scholarships available. Winners will be announced on April 22, 2022 and will have full access to the Nanodegree program content on April 26, 2022. Scholarship recipients must begin and make progress in their course by the 4th week of the program, or they will be removed.
Types of Scholarship Tracks
Foundational Track: Data Analysis and Visualization using Microsoft Power BI
An opportunity to break into the tech-industry and meet the growing demand for data analysis and visualization professionals by gaining the Power BI skills that top companies want. Women and individuals who identify as Black or Hispanic are encouraged to apply.
Projects for this track include:
- Create an efficient data model for a small brewing company that will help them better understand what products are popular and profitable.
- Design a detailed Power BI report with many data visuals that tell the story of how two products at a startup compare to each other.
- Use population statistics from the US Census Bureau to determine whether there is a correlation between sales and income for a national clothing chain.
Graduates have the opportunity to take the related Microsoft Certification exam at no cost, earning a certification that shows they are keeping up with today’s technical requirements.
Data Analysis and Visualization using Microsoft Power BI prerequsities include:
- Basics for Microsoft Excel
- Must pass a short examination to be considered.
- Learners will need a Windows operating system, and will need to download and install free Power BI Desktop software.
Practitioner Track: AI Engineer using Microsoft Azure
Your chance to level up your employable digital skills—advance your career with Microsoft Azure.
Projects for this track include:
- Building an automated passenger boarding kiosk to collect passenger and flight info through face recognition, digital ID, boarding pass, etc.
- Create a customer support chatbot for a dentist website using the Azure platform, a Node.js bot application, LUIS model, and QnA knowledge base.
- Build a knowledge-mining solution to help employees of a company gain insights into training materials made available by their company.
Graduates have the opportunity to take the related Microsoft Certification exam at no cost, earning a certification that shows they are keeping up with today’s technical requirements
AI Engineer using Microsoft Azure prerequsities include:
- Python programming skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- Ability to navigate Azure portal
- Familiarity with Azure data sources
- Knowledge of JSON REST
- Ability to use APIs in application development
- Must pass a technical examination to be considered.
Note:The program is a free scholarship application and it takes place 100% online. You can work from wherever you want to, as long as you have a working internet connection.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants may apply for this scholarship through the links given below;
To Apply for the Foundational Track: Data Analysis and Visualization using Microsoft Power BI, CLICK HERE
To Apply for the Practitioner Track: AI Engineer using Microsoft Azure, CLICK HERE
Scholarship applications must be received no later than 18th April 2022 at