Are you seeking a fully funded Scholarship to undertake a postgraduate degree in the Netherlands? This is to announce the commencement of the Maastricht University Holland-High Potential scholarship for International students. Therefore, an application is invited for suitably qualified international students to study in the Netherlands.
Each academic year, the Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship program awards 24 full scholarships of € 30,000 (including tuition fee waiver and a monthly stipend) to highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a master’s program at UM.
We highly recommend reading through this article before applying for this Scholarship to understand its specifics, including Eligibility, Scholarship Benefits, How to Apply, the Application Deadline, and other pertinent information. Study in Germany: Top Universities in Germany with no Tuition Fee for International Students 2022
- Host Country: Netherlands.
- Category: MSc.
- Eligible Countries: All Countries.
- Reward: Full Tuition | €30,000.
- Deadline: 1st February 2023.
The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship program offers 24 full scholarships of € 30,000 (including tuition fee waiver and a monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a master’s program at UM.
The Scholarship program consists of both the High Potential Scholarship (funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund) and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences.
It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree program in the Netherlands.
To be eligible, candidates must meet the following requirements.
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland, or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a participating full-time master’s program at Maastricht University for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM master program to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education program in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programs in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2023.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programs, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrates that they are among the top 5% of the 2023-2024 scholarship program applicants.
If you are not eligible for the Maastricht University Holland-High Potential scholarship 2023, you can search for alternative Scholarship Opportunities here
Scholarship Benefits and Duration
The scholarship includes:
- living expenses (€12,350 – 13 months; €23,750 – 25 months),
- health and liability insurance (€700),
- visa application costs (€207),
- tuition fee (at cost), and
- pre-academic training costs.
- 13 months for a one-year master’s program
- 25 months for a two-year master’s program
- Step 1: The UM International Services Desk checks if all applications are complete after 1 February 2023.
- Step 2: The UM International Services Desk sends all complete applications to each UM Faculty in February 2023.
- Step 3: Each Faculty selects and ranks their top 5% of scholarship applicants and sends these to the UM International Services Desk for a final check in March 2023.
- Step 4: The UM International Services Desk confirms the Faculty selections by the end of March 2023.
- Step 5: The UM International Services Desk will inform all candidates of their application status in April 2023. Your status will be selected, waitlisted, or rejected by the beginning of May 2023 at the latest. Waitlisted application statuses will be changed to selected or rejected by May 2023. Scholarship awardees will receive more information about the UM Pre-Academic Training program and arrival in Maastricht upon receiving their award letters. The UM Pre-Academic Training is a three-week mandatory component of the UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship program. The Pre-Academic Training takes place in August 2023.
- Step 6: You must sign and return the award letter to the UM International Services Desk to accept the scholarship.
A complete UM application is comprised of the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of motivation
- Proof of academic excellence
- Personal statement of financial needs.
- A reference letter.
- The contact details of one referee
How to Apply
- Step 1: Register for one of the participating master programs at UM
- For further details on how to register for a master’s program at UM, please see your prospective program’s webpage. Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number for UM. You will need a student number in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form (see Step 2 below).
- Step 2: Please fill in the application form, you need to log in with your UM account
- Please use this link to fill out the application form. We can only accept applications via the application form.
Click ‘Click here to Apply.
The deadline for this application is 1st February 2023.