Are you seeking a fully funded Scholarship to undertake a postgraduate degree in Ireland? This is to announce the commencement of the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Award for International students. Therefore, an application is invited for suitably qualified international students to study in Ireland.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is a well-established national initiative managed by the Council and funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation, and Science. These awards will support suitably qualified research master’s and doctoral candidates pursuing, or intending to pursue, full-time research in any discipline.
We highly recommend reading through this article before applying for this Scholarship to understand all of the specifics about it, including Eligibility, Scholarship Benefits, How to Apply, the Application Deadline, and other pertinent information. Study in Germany: Top Universities in Germany with no Tuition Fee for International Students 2022
- Host Country: Ireland.
- Category: MSc | Ph.D.
- Eligible Countries: International.
- Reward: Tuition fees, Annual Stipend.
- Deadline: 20th October 2022
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation, and Science, and managed by the Council. Several government departments and agencies partner with the Irish Research Council to support the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme as a mechanism to deliver on shared national objectives.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish ecosystem. It is highly competitive, with an average success rate of 18% over the past five years. Successful awardees under the program are recognized as demonstrating world-class potential as future research leaders.
To be eligible, candidates must meet the following requirements.
- There is no age limit for applicants to be eligible for either program type.
- All applicants must be affiliated with an eligible Irish higher education institution or research-performing organization.
- Applications will only be accepted in either Irish or English language.
- Applicants must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the relevant program, including strategic partner themes. This applies regardless of whether the applicant has changed their host institution or research topic since a previous submission.
- The Irish Research Council is not in a position to award funding for research activity under any of the following prohibited areas:
- human cloning for reproductive purposes;
- genetic modification of human beings that could make such changes heritable(except research relating to cancer treatment of the gonads, which may be funded); or
- creation of human embryos solely for research or for stem cell procurement, including using somatic cell nuclear transfer.
If you are not eligible for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2022, you can search for alternative Scholarship Opportunities here
The scholarship includes:
- a stipend of €18,500 per annum;
- a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum; and
- eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum.
How to Apply
Potential applicants should read the call documentation carefully to ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply. Indicative versions of the applicant and supervisor forms are provided for information purposes only. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
|Call open||16:00 (Irish time) 8 September 2022|
|FAQ deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 13 October 2022|
|Applicant deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 20 October 2022|
|Supervisor deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 27 October 2022|
|Research office endorsement deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 3 November 2022|
|Call outcome||End of March 2023|
|Award start date||1 September 2023|
Click ‘Click here to Apply.
The deadline for this application is 20th October 2022.