The Centre for Genomic Regulation(CRG) launches the 10th Summer Internship Program to provide undergraduate students the opportunity to conduct summer research at the CRG. The goal of the programme is to encourage students, from any nationality, in the pursuit of a scientific career and to introduce them to an international laboratory experience.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): CRG (Centre for Genomic Regulation)
- Host country: Spain
- Program Period: 2 Months
- Deadline: 20th March 2022
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, created in July 2000. It is a non-profit foundation funded by the Catalan Government through the Department of Business & Knowledge and the Department of Health, the Spanish Ministry of Science & Innovation, the “la Caixa” Banking Foundation, and includes the participation of Pompeu Fabra University.
At CRG you will find first class core technologies and a broad training portfolio in our multidisciplinary, international community. Fellows will benefit from an exciting international scientific environment and an integrated training programme, including access to state of the art infrastructure, lectures and seminars, specialised scientific and technological courses, complementary skills training and career development activities.
- Undergraduates in Life Sciences or related subjects (e.g. Bioinformatics, Biomedicine, Medicine, Biochemistry, Chemistry) with an excellent academic record.
- Master students are not eligible.
- Two full years (4 semesters) of undergraduate course work completed by the time the internship commences.
- Candidates may not have received an undergraduate degree at the time of the internship (Summer 2022).
- Candidates may not have previously obtained a “CRG Summer Internship”.
- High level of English.
- You have the availability to do a student placement/internship agreement through your University.
Positions will be awarded on a competitive basis taking into consideration the student’s academic records and the motivation & reference letter(s).
A maximum of 6 internship positions will be awarded in 2022.
Check this offer: Apply Now -Women Techsters Fellowship Program 2023
The summer training will consist of 320 working hours (40 hours/ week), distributed over 2 months between June and September 2022, however, all summer internship fellows should be at CRG the week of the 18th July 2022 as there will be some specific training activities organized for all the candidates.
The intensive nature of the programme requires a full-time commitment from the participant. Students are required to participate in all scheduled activities and provide a final scientific report.
CRG Summer Internship Requirements
The application will include the following information:
- The registration form duly completed in English.
- Your most recent academic transcript, which should include the title of the courses you have completed thus far and the grades you received.
- Description of your interests in life sciences research, what you hope to gain through your participation in the CRG Summer Internship Programme, your vision of what the summer internship will benefit you on a personal and academic level, and the reasons behind your choice.
- You will be asked to provide the contact details of at least one referee. Afterwards, the online system will send an automatic email to the referee with the steps to follow to upload their reference letter to your application form. Once their letter is uploaded to the system, you will receive a notification.
- You will only be able to submit the application once all requested fields and documents (transcripts & reference letter(s)) are included.
CRG Summer Internship Timeline:
|Call Opening||20th January 2022|
|Call Deadline||20th March 2022|
|Notification of Candidates||Mid-April 2022|
|Start of the Internship||From June/July 2022|
|End of the Internship||September 2022|
- All selected candidates will receive a fellowship of 600€/month
- If the candidate is not a resident of Barcelona, she/he will receive one 1 return public transport ticket to the place of residence (European ticket up to 300€ / Overseas up to 800€)
- Barcelona public transport ticket for two months (Zone1).
- Candidates must provide their own health and accident insurance in case it is not provided by their University.
- Candidates are responsible for their own housing/accommodation.
Participation in the Summer Internship Programme does not imply any contractual relationship between the beneficiary and the CRG. If the student, for any reason, voluntarily withdraws or interrupts the programme, any unduly received payments must be returned.
How to Apply
Applications for the CRG Summer Internship Programme are accepted exclusively online through the online application system.
All the information must be submitted by the application deadline: 20th March 2022.