Are you seeking a funded Scholarship to undertake a degree in Scotland? This is to announce the commencement of the British Council Scotland SGSAH EARTH Scholarships for International students. Therefore, an application is invited for suitably qualified international students to study in Scotland.
The British Council Scotland SGSAH EARTH Scholarships is a program administered by SGSAH with funding from the British Council to facilitate international research collaborations between Ph.D. and Early Career Researchers and Scottish HEIs and Scotland-based academic mentors, as well as external organizations, with a focus on environmental arts and humanities and their interdisciplinary connections.
We highly recommend reading through this article before applying for this Scholarship to understand all of its specifics, including Eligibility, Scholarship Benefits, How to Apply, the Application Deadline, and other pertinent information. Study in Germany: Top Universities in Germany with no Tuition Fee for International Students 2022
- Host Country: Scotland.
- Category: MSc | Ph.D.
- Eligible Countries: International.
- Reward: Full Scholarship.
- Deadline: 7th November 2022.
The British Council Scotland SGSAH EARTH Scholarships is a program run by SGSAH with funding from the British Council to enable international research collaborations between Ph.D. and Early Career Researchers and Scottish HEIs and Scotland-based academic mentors, and external organizations thematically focused on environmental arts and humanities and their interdisciplinary connections.
The overall aim of the program is to promote the role and interventions of the environmental arts and humanities, and the arts and cultural sector, in addressing the climate emergency, and their capacity for interdisciplinary research within STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics) contexts. The program will create research opportunities and international mobility which will develop and support new approaches to address the global challenge of the climate crisis, and support sustainable research and cultural interchanges within and beyond the arts, humanities, and cultural sectors.
The program will provide scholarships for Ph.D. and Early Career Researchers based outside the UK to come to Scotland to undertake in-person and hybrid exchanges for up to 3 months in 2023, in the area of environmental arts and humanities.
To be eligible, candidates must meet the following requirements.
- The Programme is for Ph.D. and early career researchers (ECRs) registered at or graduated from any non-UK university who are working within the environmental arts and humanities to come to Scotland to work with an academic mentor and access networks and resources of a host HEI (Higher Education Institute) in 2023.
- All applicants must be currently registered for a Ph.D. or graduated with a Ph.D., which broadly falls under Arts & Humanities subject areas. These subject areas are detailed by the AHRC.
- For the Programme, ECRs must be within 1 year of notification of award of their Ph.D. (under exceptional circumstances this can be extended to 2 years).
If you are not eligible for the British Council Scotland SGSAH EARTH Scholarships 2023, you can search for alternative Scholarship Opportunities here
Scholarship Benefits and Duration
- The Scholarship is fully funded, and the research period will run from March to July 2023.
- A full research proposal; and details of how you will benefit from Cluster membership, cohort-building, training, and development activities.
- A budget and justification of resources.
- A CV (up to 4pp).
- A letter of support from your Ph.D. supervisor (up to 2pp).
- A letter of support from the proposed Host Institution (Head of Department or equivalent) (up to 2pp).
How to Apply
- The application is made through SGSAH’s online system. The Guidelines include details of the information you will be required to complete online, as well as the assessment criteria for the scheme.
- The deadline for the full application is 12pmGMT on Monday 7 November 2022.
Click ‘Click here to Apply.
The deadline for this application is 7th November 2022.