It may also interest you to know that The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) intends to contribute to the support of good governance and civil society structures in selected partner countries and regions.
Therefore, it is expedient you apply the right way because applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Now, to help you apply, I have put down the basic information in detail about the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Program, including the levels, How you can apply, and most importantly, the application deadline.
So, to ensure that you don’t make any mistakes, Carefully read this article word to word. Below is an overview of what to expect.
About DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships 2022
This Helmut-Schmidt scholarship is designed to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics, and administration according to the principles of good governance and to prepare them in a praxis-oriented course for their professional life.
Very good graduates with a first university degree get the chance to obtain a master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance to the social, political, and economic development of their home country.
The knowledge and experience acquired in Germany should enable the scholarship holders to later contribute to the establishment of democratically oriented economic and social systems aimed at overcoming social differences.
In addition, the training at German institutions of higher education should qualify the scholarship holders to become partners in the political and economic cooperation with Germany.
DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship Selection Criteria:
The main DAAD criteria for selection are the following:
- the study results so far
- knowledge of English (and German)
- political and social engagement
- convincing description of the subject-related and
- personal motivation for the study project in Germany and the expected benefit when returning to the home country.
- The latest university degree should have been obtained during the six years prior to the application for the scholarship.
- Applicants cannot be considered if they have stayed in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of application.
All master’s courses have further additional requirements that must be
fulfilled by the applicants in any case.
DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship Benefits:
- Prior to their study programs, all scholarship holders receive a 6- months-German language course from April 2021 to September 2021. The language courses take place at selected institutes in Germany and not at the universities of the selected master’s courses.
- The language course is compulsory also for those who attend a master’s course taught in English. The scholarship holders are offered special tutoring at their host institutions financed by DAAD.
- Furthermore, there is the possibility to attend networking events. DAAD pays a monthly scholarship rate of currently €750.
- The scholarship also includes contributions to health insurance in Germany.
- In addition, DAAD grants an appropriate travel allowance and a study and research subsidy as well as rent subsidies and/or allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable.
- DAAD scholarship holders within the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme are exempted from tuition fees.
DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarships Eligibility Requirements:
- The scholarship scheme is open to graduates in the field of social sciences, political sciences, law, economics, and in public administration from Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and Southeast Asia, from countries in the Middle East as well as from Ukraine.
- The program is open for very well qualified graduates with a first university degree (bachelor or equivalent) who want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries.
- The scholarships are offered both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals.
Level/Field of Study:
The Scholarship is designed for Masters Degree Students in the Department of Public Policy and Good Governance
The Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarship is hosted in Germany. An International Student wishing to Migrate to Germany can apply for the Scholarships.
The Scholarship is specifically for Students from Developing Countries.
How to Apply:
Applications have to be submitted in German or English. Please indicate that you are applying for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship Programme (Master’s scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance). It is important to go through the Application requirements in the Program Webpage before applying.