The application for the Commonwealth Split Site Scholarship 20212022 is ongoing!
Are u are a PhD student whose proposed research has a developmental focus and has the potential to become an influential professor or researcher in your country / region? This is an opportunity for you.
In this article, you will find everything you need to know about the Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarship.
About Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarship.
Funded by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office (FCDO), the Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarship enables talented and motivated individuals to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for sustainable development, for those who cannot afford to study in the UK.
It’s main purpose is to expand access to British equipment and expertise for high-quality PhD students from Commonwealth low- and middle-income countries, and to contribute to higher education and research in the UK and Commonwealth through the cooperation and partnerships.
Each applicants will be provided with:
- Air tickets approved to fly from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (CSC will not refund the cost of your family member’s fare, nor will it compensate you for travel expenses before your award is confirmed award)
- Approved tuition
- Allowance (subsistence allowance) allowance) £ 1,116 per month, or £ 1,369 per month for University of London students
- Warm clothing allowance, if applicable
- Study travel grant to cover expenses travel related to studies in the UK or abroad
- If you are widowed, divorced or single parent, a child allowance of £ 478 per month for the first child and £ 118 per month for the second and third minor children 16 years old if accompanied by their children and them.
- The CSC family allowance to live at the same address in the UK is only used to cover the cost of supporting your family in the UK. Actual costs can be much higher and you should be able to supplement these allowances to support family members coming to the UK with you.
How to apply.
All applicants are advised to complete and submit their application as soon as possible as the application portal will be busy in the days leading up to the application deadline.
For Successful application, your application must include the following supporting documents:
- A copy of your valid passport (or national identification card) showing your photo, date of birth, and nationality or refugee status.
- Online application system detailing your complete transcripts of all your higher education qualifications (if is not in English, then please provide a certified translation).
- Online application system of your country’s university supervisor, which should include the details of the institution link between the university where you are / will be registered for the doctorate and UK university you wish to enter Request information: Please send your supervisor directly to the online application system (the supervisor will receive a request by email).
- A statement of support from your recommended tutor at a UK university, which should include details of the institutional link between the university where you are / will be registering for the PhD and the UK university you recommend, sent directly by your tutor to the system online application (the supervisor will receive an application by email).
- Letter of recommendation from at least one other person, sent directly by the referee to the online application system (the referee will receive a request by email)
Other Information about Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarship.
- CSCSC does not accept supporting documents submitted outside of the online application system.
- The supporting documents uploaded to the online application system shall not exceed 5MB, and the format shall be one of PDF, .doc, .docx, .odt, .jpg, .jpeg. Files sent in any other formats (including Zip files and PDF wallets) are not accepted.
- Each applicant for these scholarships are only entitled to one application.
- Applications with the latest submission date are only accepted, including submission of reference materials and supporting statements.
- Any amendment to the application will be considered a late submission date.
- You do not need to apply for these scholarships through the nominating agency.
- To begin your application or get more information…
Application for this scholarship closes by 17:00 (GMT) on 13 August 2021.