The Chevron Nigeria Limited Internship Program 2021-2022 is designed in such a way that it provides you with the opportunity to expand your knowledge and benefit immensely from on-the-job experience. As one of the top guns in the Oil and Gas industry and an organization with a great affinity for learning and development, Chevron Nigeria targeted these programs at harnessing undergraduates in Nigeria with industry-related skills.
In this article, we will discuss explicitly all that you should know about the Chevron undergraduate Internship program. This includes the structure, the registration process, and all other important things you should know. Therefore, if you are on this page to learn about the program, then you are on the right track.
What you should know about Chevron Nigeria
Chevron Nigeria is a subsidiary of Chevron incorporation, and they are one of the largest oil producers in Nigeria. At some point in time, they were operating in Nigeria under the business Name Gulf oil company. In fact, they were operating under this business name until merger activities changed their name to Chevron, Nigeria.
In Nigeria, they operate under a joint-venture arrangement with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). This is basically for their onshore and offshore assets in the Niger Delta Region. Furthermore, Chevron Nigeria has an extensive interest in multi-partner deepwater operations. They operate at Agbami field, which is one of Nigeria’s largest deepwater discoveries. In addition, they also have a non-operated interest in the Usan field.
In the area of Natural gas, they are involved in several projects most especially in the western Niger delta and the Escravos areas. This includes the Escravos Gas plant (EGP), Escravos Gas to liquid (EGTL) facility and the Seonam Field development project.
Asides from being active in the oil and gas industry, Chevron Nigeria takes their role as a corporate citizen in Nigeria. They are active in many projects that promotes health, education and economic development.
What are the eligibility requirements for the Chevron Nigeria Internship programs?
To be eligible for the Chevron Nigeria Internship program, you must meet up with the following requirements:
- You must be Nigerian
- Demonstrated high level of academic performance is a must
- As an applicant, you must possess good communication, leadership, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- You must have a work ethic with an internal drive to succeed.
How do I apply for the Chevron internship programme?
It is important to note that the 2021 Chevron undergraduate Internship programme is not open at the moment. But nonetheless we will be showing you how to go about the application process. This will help you familiarize with the process and make your application seamless once they start taking applications
- Chevron Nigeria has a dedicated platform for all their internship programs. Once the application portal is open, we will share the link with you.
- Visit the link we will provide you with
- Create your account.
- Upon the creation of your account, they will request that you upload some documents. This includes your Resume, SIWES letter or a support letter from your academic institution of study. If possible, your SIWES or support letter must state your CGPA and your start and end dates. However, should the SIWES letter not contain your CGPA, you will need to upload a separate document from your institution showing your CGPA.
- Once you are done with uploading all the required documents, they will require you to provide responses to all fields on your profile. Ensure you do it this correctly, and double check before submitting.
- Immediately you are sure of all inputs, you can click on the Apply button.
- If you follow these processes correctly you will receive a notification email. This means you have successfully completed your application process.
How long does it take to be hired for Chevron Industrial Training?
The fact is, we can’t really say. This decision is for the Chevron Management to make. But, in most cases, you should be hired a month or two after your application. In fact, it might not even be up to that. But it is important to note that industrial training opportunities hinges upon business needs and the slots are quite limited.
What are the benefits of Chevron Internship program?
Interning with Chevron Nigeria comes with a lot of perks and benefits. Here are some of the major benefits you will derive as an undergraduate intern
- You will gain valuable work experience:
The Chevron Nigeria internship program is an opportunity for you to gain industry hands-on experience that is not taught in the university. During these 6 months, you will be engaged with both the practical and theoretical aspects of your specialization. Also, you will learn all the transferrable skills that are required to thrive in the work environment.
- Build your Network:
The fact is, the job market is very competitive, and the network you build today will be your Net worth after graduation. They will serve as the connection you need to land that dream job, get career advice, and many more. The Chevron Nigeria internship program will afford you the privilege to meet different people from various walks of life, and areas of specialization. We, therefore advise that you make good use of this connection, it might be the difference that your career needs.
- Financial Compensation:
We are pretty sure you have most likely been hoping to see this listed as a benefit, well, here you go. You have it. Chevron Nigeria internship programs are paid. Therefore, you can expect to receive financial compensation on a monthly basis. The organization expects you to use this to cater to your urgent financial needs. In addition, you will also have access to free medical care anytime you need it, and there is free transportation for all interns.
- An avenue to develop your skills
As an intern in this notable firm, it is very certain that this program will help in enhancing your soft and hard skills. This includes your communication skills, teamwork, problem-solving skills, interpersonal skills, and many others.
Conclusion: Chevron undergraduate Internship Program
Although the 2021 Chevron graduate internship program is currently on, we believe this article will whet your appetite and prepare you ahead for when the application processes will commence. Ensure to digest all the information in this article thoroughly as this will give you an edge over other applicants.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply