This is to announce the commencement of the Boston University Merit Scholarships for International students. Therefore, application is invited for suitably qualified international students to study in the United States of America.
We highly recommend reading through this article before applying for this Scholarship to understand all of the specifics about it, including Eligibility, Scholarship Benefits, How to Apply, the Application Deadline, and other pertinent information. Study in Germany: Top Universities in Germany with no Tuition Fee for International Students 2022
- Institution(s): Boston University
- Category: Undergraduate
- Host Country: United States of America
- Eligible Countries: International
- Reward: Fully funded
- Deadline: December 1 2022
BU offers a wide variety of merit scholarships, some even covering full tuition, to recognize high achieving students who go above and beyond.
Most awards are for academic achievement, while others go to talented athletes, performers, and artists. Plus, merit-based awards don’t require you to submit a financial aid application and do not have to be repaid.
- U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and eligible non-citizens are considered for all merit awards and other scholarships.
- International students are considered for the Trustee and Presidential Scholarships only.
If you are not eligible for the Boston University Merit Scholarships 2022, you can search for alternative Scholarship Opportunities here
List of Scholarships Available and their Benefits
Scholars receive BU’s most distinguished award and become part of a unique campus community that provides academic, cultural, and social opportunities. Applicants should apply if they are among the most accomplished in their class and have demonstrated great participation in their schools and communities.
A Trustee Scholarship covers full undergraduate tuition plus mandatory undergraduate student fees, and is renewable for four years if certain criteria are met. The Trustee Scholarship is open to all students, including US citizens, permanent residents, qualifying non-citizens, and foreign students.
- Benefits: Full tuition & fees annually
- Number of Awards: 20
Given to first-year students from all around the world who have excelled academically. They are not only among our most gifted kids, but they also thrive outside of the classroom and are leaders in their schools and communities.
The Presidential Scholarship is open to all students, including US citizens, permanent residents, qualifying non-citizens, and foreign students. This $25,000 tuition scholarship is renewable for up to four years of undergraduate study at BU.
- Benefits: $25,000
Other Scholarships available in Boston includes: College Board National Recognition Programs, National Merit Scholarship, and College of Engineering FIRST Robotics
How To Apply
To start your application, click ‘Click here to Apply’.
To be considered for a Trustee Scholarship:
- Submit the Common Application and all required materials for admission to one of the undergraduate degree programs at BU by December 1.
- Complete the Trustee Scholarship essay on the Common Application as part of your application to BU.
The Trustee Scholarship Essay:
Please choose from one of the two prompts below and submit one essay, in 600 words or less, as part of your application through the Common Application.
- Howard Thurman, who was the dean of BU’s Marsh Chapel from 1953-1965, once wrote: “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Can you describe a particular experience you have had or an activity that you participate in that makes you come alive? How would you try to integrate that experience or activity into your time at BU?
- Describe a time when you felt out of your comfort zone or marginalized in a situation. How did you respond to that moment and how has it informed your actions moving forward?
To be considered for the Presidential Scholarship
No additional essays or application forms are required. Students who wish to be considered for the Presidential Scholarship should submit their application and supporting credentials by December 1.
All Applications should be submitted on or before 1st of December.