This is to announce the Obama Foundation Global Leaders Program for International students. Therefore, an application is invited for suitably qualified international students.
The Obama Foundation Leaders program is a six-month virtual leadership development journey designed to inspire, empower, and connect emerging leaders in order to accelerate positive and long-term change in their communities, regions, and around the world.
We highly recommend reading through this article before applying for this Scholarship to understand its specifics, including Eligibility, Scholarship Benefits, How to Apply, the Application Deadline, and other pertinent information. Study in Germany: Top Universities in Germany with no Tuition Fee for International Students 2022
- Host: Obama Foundation.
- Category: Training | Fellowship.
- Eligible Countries: International.
- Reward: Full Scholarship.
- Deadline: 21st October 2022.
Launched in 2018, the Obama Foundation Leaders program is a six-month, virtual leadership development journey that seeks to inspire, empower, and connect emerging leaders to accelerate positive and lasting change in their communities, in their regions, and across the world.
To date, the program has built a network of more than 700 leaders, hailing from more than 100 nations and territories around the world. Each regional program will meet virtually over Zoom an average of four times per month, engaging with trainers, subject matter experts, and their peers to deepen their leadership practice. Each session will last approximately two hours. Additionally, each regional program will aim to host an in-person convening—public health, safety, and security conditions permitting—as a forum for deeper community-building, learning, and celebration.
Upon completion of the program, Obama Leaders will become part of the Obama Foundation’s global leadership network—a growing community of changemakers who are advancing tangible solutions to the greatest challenges of our time.
To be eligible, candidates must meet the following requirements.
- Based in Region: You currently reside in one of the following eligible nations or territories in the region in which you are applying:
- Africa: All nations, countries, and territories on the African continent.
- Asia-Pacific: American Samoa; Australia; Brunei; Cambodia; China; Cook Islands; Federated States of Micronesia; Fiji; French Polynesia; Guam; Hawai`i; Hong Kong; Indonesia; Japan; Kiribati; Korea, North (DPRK); Korea, South (ROK); Laos; Malaysia; Marshall Islands; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nauru; New Caledonia; Macao; New Zealand; Niue; Northern Mariana Islands; Palau; Papua New Guinea; Philippines; Pitcairn Islands; Samoa; Singapore; Solomon Islands; Taiwan; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Tokelau; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu; Vietnam; Wallis and Futuna
- Europe: Any of the 46 Council of Europe member states and Kosovo.
- Citizenship/Residency: You must meet one of the criteria below for the region in which you are applying:
- You are a citizen of an eligible nation or territory OR
- You are a permanent resident of an eligible nation or territory OR
- You are a refugee or asylum seeker in an eligible nation or territory OR
- You have lived in an eligible nation or territory for at least the last 5 years, regardless of documentation status.
- Geographic Focus: Your current and future work is geographically focused on creating positive change for your local community, an eligible nation or territory, and/or the broader region in which you are applying.
- Leadership Experience: You can demonstrate at least three years of relevant experience in your issue area.
- Age: You will be between 24 and 45 years old on July 15, 2023.
- Language Proficiency: You are professionally proficient in English (spoken and written).
- Political Campaigns: You will not be engaging in an electoral campaign for political office between February 1 and July 15, 2023.
If you are not eligible for the Obama Foundation Global Leaders Program 2023, you can search for alternative Scholarship Opportunities here
Fellowship Benefits and Duration
- Stipend paid monthly to help with living expenses in New York City.
- A fully furnished studio apartment close to Columbia University.
- Tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University are included.
- For the duration of the program, basic medical, dental, and life insurance are provided.
- Travel to and from the home country by plane, as well as any program-related activities
- The Obama Foundation will lead leadership development programming to help scholars gain real-world skills, tools, and experiences to expand the impact of their work when they return home.
- As described above, we aim to assemble a Leaders cohort from a pool of candidates with a range of backgrounds, identities, and experience levels. We take all of these into consideration when deciding upon who is invited to become a Leader.
How to Apply
- To submit an application, create an account and log in. At the end of the application, be sure to click on EACH submit button on successive screens!
Click ‘Click here to Apply.
The deadline for this application is 21st October 2022.