NLNG has three main levels of scholarship schemes: Post Primary, Under-Graduate and Post Graduate to encourage academic excellence and support human capital development in Nigeria.
Nigeria LNG Limited remains focused on education and human capital development as areas of special significance, because these two areas are intrinsic and fundamental to national development. See Also: Griffith University Research Scholarships in Australia 2022
- Level of Study: post primary | masters | postgraduate
- Institution(s): Nigeria LNG
- Host country: Study in UK
- Reward: $67,500 | N28,080,000
- Deadline:18th April 2022
Since 1998, the NLNG has provided scholarships to 3836 Nigerian post-primary, undergraduate, and postgraduate students.
This was established as a crucial component of our education intervention program for her country’s host communities.
Scholarship for Post-Primary Education
- Become a native of the NLNG host community.
- Be a standard 5 or 6 student.
- Not be a Nigeria LNG Limited employee’s child or ward.
Scholarships for Postgraduate Students
- Have provisional admission to any of the UK institutions listed below to study any of the disciplines listed below: Engineering, geosciences, environmental sciences, management sciences, information technology, law, and medicine are some of the fields in which students might major.
- Aberdeen University
- Manchester University
- Cranfield University
- Have a second-class upper-division degree in a related field of study.
- NYSC program completed
- Achieved an IELTS score of at least 8.0
- At the time of application, you must not be older than 30 years old
- Be a Nigerian citizen.
- A letter of identification from the respective Local Government Councils is required.
- Obtain a letter of authorization from your company (if in service of any organization)
- Possess an international passport that is valid for at least one year starting in September 2019.
- If you are successful, you will be entitled to apply for a Tier-4 student visa in the United Kingdom.
- If chosen, provide proof that they are available to travel in September 2022.
- Not a direct relative of a Nigeria LNG Limited employee
If you are not eligible for the NLNG post-primary and postgraduate Scholarship award 2022, you can search for alternative Scholarship Opportunities here.
NLNG Post-primary Scholarship
The scheme kicked off in 2012 with 28 beneficiaries and, by 2019, it had grown to 342 beneficiaries with a total sum of N825,300,000 ($2.697m) expended to date. Prospective pupils are admitted to the scheme through application on company’s website based on advertised criteria. A selection test is then conducted to place the best top candidates onto the scheme.
NLNG Postgraduate Scholarship
This scheme was launched in October 2012 with an annual intake of 15 beneficiaries to study in leading UK universities. The value of the scholarship is USD67,500 per awardee per study. Actual spend per awardee however ranges from USD45,000 to USD67,500, depending on the course of study.
List of Fields available for Study
The scheme covers these areas of study;
- Environmental Studies
- Information Technology
- Law and
Applicants are required to submit the following documents together with their completed application form:
- An attestation letter signed & stamped by the Head Teacher of his/her school (contact number of the Head Teacher also to be included)
- An indigene confirmation letter signed by the CDC Chairman or Chief in his/her community.
- A letter of identification from his/her Local Government Council.
- First degree transcript
- NYSC discharge certificate
- IELTS result
- Letter o identification from Local Government Councils
- Letter of consent from employer (if in service of any organization)
- Valid international passport.
How to Apply
- Candidates should not fill invalid contact details as these will be used to communicate the status of the application
- Only shortlisted applicants shall be invited for the selection interview/test.
- Applicants are advised to check their mailbox regularly for information on the status of their applications. The application will be disqualified:
- For incomplete attachments
- Non-adherence to advertised criteria.
- NLNG is not under obligation to offer any kind of employment to successful candidates upon graduation, neither are candidates bonded to NLNG on account of this scholarship.
The deadline for this application is 18th April 2022 so Interested Candidates should apply before the deadline