APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION INTO THE
71 REGULAR COURSE NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY
The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) was established on 5 February 1964 in response to the defence needs of independent Nigeria to train officers for the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Before then, the institution was known as the Royal Military Forces Training College (RMFTC). After independence in 1960, it became known as the Nigerian Military Training College.
The role of the Academy is to provide each officer cadet with knowledge, skills and values necessary to meet the requirements of a military officer through military, academic and character development. In essence, the NDA is an institution where selected young able-bodied men and women are groomed into well educated, courageous, virile and erudite subalterns.
The vision of the NDA is to produce officers with broad-based training in both military and academic subjects designed to serve as a foundation for the future progressive development of officers of the Nigerian Armed Forces.
The mission of NDA is to provide each officer cadet with the knowledge, skills and values necessary to meet the requirements of a military officer through military,academic and character development.
1. This is to inform the general public that online application for admission into the 71st Regular Course of the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna will be available from Monday 22 October 2018 to Thursday 14 March 2019. Admission into NDA is open to both MALE and FEMALE Nigerians. Candidates should log on to the application portal www.nda.edu.ng or RCapplications.nda.edu.ng. The application fee is N3,500.00 only.
2. Please NOTE that only payment against RRR Codes generated via the application portal would be accepted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
3. Interested candidates are advised to go online and complete the application on the websites indicated above. Please download and read carefully, the Instructions provided on the website.
APPLICANTS APPLYING FOR ADMISSION INTO NDA MUST ALSO APPLY TO THE JOINT ADMISSIONS AND MATRICULATIONS
BOARD (JAMB), AND MUST SELECT NDA AS FIRST CHOICE INSTITUTION. THE COURSE APPLLIED FOR ON JAMB AND NDA PORTAL MUST BE THE SAME. SUCH
APPLICANTS ARE EXPECTED TO SIT FOR THE JAMB UNIFIED TERTIARY MATRICULATION EXAMINATIONS
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
4. Applications forms are to be submitted together with the scanned SSCE results online. On submission of the online application, candidates are to download an Acknowledgement Form.
5. The requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as detailed in the NDA website/applications portal. All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and screening
test centers are as contained in the NDA website applications portal.
6. Please NOTE that working knowledge of French, Arabic and Mandarin will be an added advantage to applicants. WAEC/NECO or NABTEB results of 2019 will
not be accepted.
SCREENING TEST CONDITIONS
7. Only candidates who satisfied the admission requirements and must have the UTME score of 180 for Arts & Social Sciences and Science while 210 score for
Engineering courses will be enabled to print the Screening Test Admission Card and participate in the NDA Screening Test at the Centre of choice.
SCREENING TEST DATE AND REQUIREMENTS
8. The screening test will be conducted as phase one of the Post-UTME screening and is scheduled to hold on Saturday 13 April 2019. Therefore, all eligible candidates
are to bring along their
- Acknowledgement Form,
- Screening Test Admission Card,
- JAMB result slip and
- TWO(2) postcard size (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the
Screening Test Centre.( The photographs should show
only from the chest upwards and should contain the
candidate’s Name, Exam number, State, Exam Centre,
Course of study and Signature at the back.)
9. Only successful candidates at the NDA Screening Test will subsequently be invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board (phase 2 of the screening test) following
which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
NATURE AND DURATION OF TRAINING
10. Candidates admitted into NDA for Regular Course will undergo military and academic training as Officer Cadets for a duration of 5 years for Nigerian Army
cadets 4 years for Nigerian Navy and Nigerian Air force cadets. On successful completion of training, graduands
will earn a honours degree in a core discipline (BSc, BEng,BA). They will equally earn a Presidential Commission into
the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
11. All Regular Course cadets will train in NDA and the cost of their administration and logistics will be borne by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
12. In response to requests from candidates for referencematerials, the Academy has offered a Compendium of Past Questions & Answers at a token fee to interested candidates. This can be purchased from the Registry, NDA.
Application Portal: RCapplications.nda.edu.ng