This is to announce the commencement of the Ahmadu Bello Foundation Scholarships for Nigerian students. Therefore, application is invited for suitably qualified students currently enrolled in any Nigerian Federal University.
Applications are hereby invited from qualified and successful applicants of Northern States origin who gained admission into 100 level (through JME), 200 level (through Direct Entry) for degree and HND 1 programme in the 2020/2021 academic session and have commenced their studies
We highly recommend reading through this article before applying for this fellowship to understand all of the specifics about it, including Eligibility, fellowship Benefits, How to Apply, the Application Deadline, and other pertinent information. Also See: University of Queensland Earmarked Scholarship in Australia 2022
- Institution(s): Nigerian Universities
- Category: Undergraduate
- Host Country: Nigeria
- Eligible Countries: Nigeria
- Reward: #100,000
- Deadline: not specified
The Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation (SABMF) as part of its focus on the advancement of education in Northern Nigeria, provides financial support for 200 eligible undergraduates and Higher National Diploma Students of Northern Nigeria origin in accredited public universities and polytechnics in Nigeria annually through the award of scholarships.
- Offer of admission into a full time degree or HND programme in a public university or polytechnic
- Satisfy the minimum requirement for registration in the institution and the department or faculty as a full time student
- Credit in 5 O level papers including English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings
- Must be an indigene of any of the 19 states of Northern Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory (Evidence of State of Origin will be required)
- Must not be more than 25 years of age by the date of entry into the university or polytechnic
Please Note: meeting these eligibility criteria would not guarantee award of the scholarship which is subject to availability and students ranking in the selection exercise. Any falsification of information at any stage will result in withdrawal of the scholarship.
If you are not eligible for the Ahmadu Bello Foundation Scholarships 2022, you can search for alternative Scholarship Opportunities here
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a screening exercise during which they will be required to present the following.
- 3 passport photographs (each measuring 2 inches x 2 inches)
- Certificate of State of Origin/Indigenization
- Birth Certificate
- JAMB Certificate
- JAMB examination result
- Original copy of admission letter from JAMB and the Institution
- Evidence of fees payment and faculty/departmental registration
- Valid Student Identification card
- WAEC or NECO senior secondary school examination result(s)
- Semester result(s)
- A letter of reference from a Community leader
- Completed Parent/Guardian Attestation Form B
- Personal Contact details (including email address)
- Alternative phone numbers
- Contact details of Next of Kin ( including email address)
The scholarship award is worth N100, 000.00 (One hundred thousand naira) per student for the duration of an academic session. Upon award, it will be renewed subject to a minimum CGPA equivalent of Second Class, Lower Division for university students and Upper Credit for polytechnics students.
Only candidates who were admitted into science and technology courses in public universities and polytechnics are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should click on the application link on the website and follow the instructions for the completion of the online application. Candidates should also download the Parents/Guardian Attestation Form B for completion.
- Interested and qualified candidates are required to apply online
- Incomplete applications will not be processed
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Names of successful candidates will be published in a national daily and on the Foundations website
- Applicants who have already been awarded scholarships under other schemes will not be considered.
Qualified and Interested candidates should send all application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for the application was not specified.