If you are on this page, you are most likely to have an interest in the 2021 Procter and Gamble Internship Programme. Should that be the case, you are on the right page for information. In this article, we will be discussing all that you should know about the Procter and Gamble Internship Programme. This includes the application process, eligibility requirements, required documents, and many other things you should know about.
Basically, the P&G Internship Program is an opportunity created by this prestigious company to Upskill graduates and undergraduates in Nigeria. In addition, this program will open you to diverse opportunities and they will give you responsibilities with targets that will be assessed. During your program, P&G will provide you with all the necessary guidelines and coaching, but they expect you to be able to work with little or no supervision.
What you should know about Procter and Gamble
Procter and gamble were founded in the US in the year 1837. This was by two men named William Procter and James Gamble, from England and Ireland respectively. These men wouldn’t have been partners had they not married sisters–Olivia and Elizabeth Morris. It was the father of these two sisters that convinced Williams and James to become business partners, which they agreed to.
They commenced operation in Nigeria in the year 1992 and have since grown to be a force to reckon with in the manufacturing industry. Furthermore, their operation spans two decades with an enduring commitment to touch and improve the lives of their customers.
In the year 1993, this was shortly after their inception, P&G Nigeria started the production of the popular Always sanitary pad and Vicks throat drops in their production facilities in Ibadan, Oyo state. P&G has its head offices in Lagos with its manufacturing plants in Ibadan, Oyo state, and Agbara, Ogun state.
P&G with a strong portfolio of 6 leading brands in Nigeria; Oral B, Ariel, Pampers, Gillette, Always, and Safeguard, brings a world-class standard to the nation. They ensure that customer’s satisfaction levels and market standards are top-notch, and also offer the latest product technology to meet the needs and budgets of their customers.
As a good citizen of Nigeria, P&G has a long history of giving back to the needy. They organize programs and events that they target at improving and making everyday life better for people in Nigeria. P&G achieves this by focusing on three key pillars. These are Citizenship, Leadership, and innovation.
Why choose Procter and Gamble Internship?
The P&G Internship Program is an avenue for you to learn more about the company. Not only this, but it is also an opportunity to build global, groundbreaking databases, and establish face-to-face relationships with the company’s most important customers.
Asides from the above, the P&G internship program will offer you a truly unique experience. In fact, there are several benefits to interning with Procter and Gamble. This includes the opportunity to work with exceptional, innovative industry experts from different countries of the world. We believe that this will elevate your thinking ability on a daily basis. In addition, you will also have the privilege to meet with leadership and also impact real projects. You do all of these while receiving competitive pay as an intern.
Furthermore, the P&G internship program spans a period of 6weeks to 12 months. This solely depends on the type of program, location, and format because each internship has its start and end dates.
What are the Eligibility Requirements for Procter and Gamble Internship?
Before you can apply for any Procter and Gamble Internship, it is important that you meet up with all the criteria listed below:
- You must possess 2nd class upper and above, and compulsorily, you must not have started NYSC at the time of application.
- To be eligible, you must be able to demonstrate leadership skills
- You value diversity, and you love to work in a team
- You demonstrate leadership skills
Undergraduate Internship (Industrial Training (IT) :
- You must possess strong analytical skills that allow you to efficiently implement change and drive long-term innovation
- As an applicant, you must have an excellent technical proficiency
- You must be able to demonstrate strong leadership and collaborative skills. Also, you must be able to engage an organization consisting of different individuals with different personalities.
- As an applicant, you must be an undergraduate of a tertiary institution in Nigeria.
How do I apply for the Procter and Gamble Internship Program?
They conducted the Procter and Gamble Internship application processes on a platform dedicated to all Career Applications. You can access the platform using this URL https://pgcareers.com
- Once on the platform, scroll down to the bottom of the page till you see Featured Jobs.
- You will see a list of all available internship jobs available under the Featured Job
- Select your choice of program.
- If you do this correctly, they will redirect you to another page. This page contains all the Job descriptions, qualifications, and every other thing that pertains to your chose role.
- On the same page, you will see the Apply Now Click on the Button.
- If you do this correctly, they will redirect you to a page where you will be requested to enter the username and password. This is if you are a returning applicant. But If you are not, Sign Up with a valid Email address and ensure to choose a secure password.
- Once you enter your login details, they will ask you to Accept/Decline the terms or conditions of the program. Ensure to read the privacy agreement very well before Accepting/Declining the privacy agreement.
- If you click on Accept, they will redirect you to a page where they expect you to upload your resume. Upload your resume, and click on the save and continue button.
- Next after this, they will request you to fill in your contact information. This includes your email address, Names, State City, Phone Number, etc.
- After your contact information, the next section is for entering all details that they require of you.
- Next after this, they will require you to attach all necessary documents depending on the type of program you are applying for.
- After attaching all necessary documents, they will ask you to fill a questionnaire. Fill the questionnaire, then save and continue.
- Ensure you preview all the information you have provided. If all is correct, submit.
- Upon the success of your application, they will email you with all the necessary details about your application.
What is next after the application process?
- After you have successfully applied, P&G will verify your documents to ensure that you are eligible for the program.
- If eligible, they will send an online assessment invitation to the email you provided when registering. The online assessment is basically psychometric. It is to assess how well you can perform in the role if you eventually make it.
- The next stage after the assessment is the Interview stage. Only applicants who excel in the assessment test will make it to this round.
- If you perform excellently in your interview session, they will send an offer letter to your mail. This will carry your name, program of choice, and everything that pertains to the role.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does P&G Offer Virtual Internship?
Yes. P&G offers a virtual internship. They are adapted to meet the needs of their location, so this will not be a problem at all. Therefore, depending on wherever you are in the world, you will have the opportunity to intern in person or virtually.
When can I start an Internship?
All P&G internship programs have their state date and end date, and they range from anywhere between weeks—12 months. Therefore, your start date solely depends on the type of program you apply for. But not to worry, all details about your offer will be communicated to you via email.
What will I work on as a P&G Intern?
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work on business-critical assignments that have a lasting impact on the organization. P&G has several internship programs across all career areas. This will give you the opportunity to manage marketing budgets, meet-face-to-face with their biggest customers, and turn scientific research into innovative products.
Will a student intern help me get a job at P&G?
Yes. A student intern can help you land a full-time job with P&G. In fact, every year most P&G interns receive full-time offers. In the United States, 70-80% of P&G get recruited on a full-time basis. Therefore, ensure that you have a positive experience during the program.
Conclusion: 2021 Procter and Gamble Internship Programme
As a graduate or Undergraduate, the P&G Internship program is an avenue for you to harness yourself with the right set of skills. In fact, not only this, but it can also be an opportunity for a full-time role at the organization. Therefore, do not hesitate to apply for the internship program if you are eligible. As the saying goes, “Make Hay while the sun shines”