In Africa Today, MTN is one of the largest Telecommunication Network. They are at the forefront of the Telecommunication industry because of their excellent services over the years. However, as an organization with a great affinity for the learning and development of young African graduates, they design the 2021 MTN Nigeria Global Graduate Development Programme.
This program seeks to source, develop and speed up high-flying graduates from across MTN”s footprint in Africa and the Middle East. Furthermore, it combines both formal developments in partnership with Duke Corporate Education and the MTN academy. Not only this, as well as on-the-job training development through full employment and placement into a strategic role.
In this article, we will be discussing all that you need to know about the MTN Nigeria Global Graduate Development Programme. This includes what you should know about MTN, how to go about the application process and many more.
What you should know about MTN
MTN Group limited which we formerly known as M-cell is a South Africa multinational telecommunication company. They came into existence in the year 1994 with the assistance of the South Africa government. Over the years, MTN has grown into a giant in the telecommunication industry. They are currently operating in some African, European, and Asian countries.
As of the year 2002. MTN recorded an overall subscriber of well over 273.44 million. This catapulted them to becoming the ninth largest mobile network in the whole word. Furthermore, they are active in 20 countries, with 1/3 of the company’s revenue coming from Nigeria. This is because Nigeria holds 35% of the organization’s market share. In fact, as of the time of writing this article, MTN now boats of well over 100 million subscribers, and 200 million data subscribers. This sums up as 300 million subscribers.
Furthermore, MTN has a clear division of responsibilities at the head of the company. This is to ensure a balance of authority. In fact, no individual has the power to make decisions, and no individual can dominate the board. This strategy is responsible for the smooth management of the organization.
As an emerging mobile operator at the forefront of technological and digital changes, MTN aims at delivering a bold and new digital world to their customers across Africa and the Middle East. It is the belief of MTN that everyone deserves the benefits of a modern, connected life. In addition to this, they also have the purpose of making the lives of their customers a lot brighter.
How does the 2021 MTN Nigeria Global Graduate Development Programme work?
As we have earlier stated, they target the MTN graduate development program at equipping, developing, and accelerating top graduates across Africa and the Middle East. This program includes blended learning experiences such as metaphorical immersive experiences, multiple digital and media channels, and connections to social media platforms.
As a participant of the MTN Global graduate development program, you can be sure of having excellent on-the-job training. This training takes place locally and they will employ you in any MTN operating companies.
During your employment, you can be sure of varied interactions with the executive committees, mentoring, coaching, and the in-the job experience.
List of Eligible Courses for the 2021 MTN Nigeria Global Graduate Development Programme
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Mathematical Sciences
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Business Administration
- Social Sciences
- Digital Marketing
- Risk and Compliance
- Sales and Distribution
- Information technology
- Digital Services
What are the eligibility requirements?
To be eligible for the MTN Nigeria Global Graduate Programme, you must satisfy the following criterion:
- You must possess a minimum of second class upper degree (2:1) or Upper credit from Nigerian or foreign institution.
- Compulsorily you must have completed your NYSC at the time of application
- You must be Vast in speaking English Language
- Must have a valid international passport
- You should not be over 26 years old at the time of application.
In addition to the above, you must also possess some vital skills, behavioral competencies and Attributes. Here is a drop down:
MTN Nigeria expects you to possess some or all of the skills below. They believe that the possession of these skills will make you settle into the role as quickly as possible.
- You must be Digital Savvy, innovative and result-oriented.
- The ability to keep up with current trends, and development is a plus
- You must possess an excellent relationship-building and teamwork capabilities
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Web/App development
- You must have intermediate proficiency in Microsoft suite applications
- The ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data is an added advantage
- You must be highly inquisitive
- UI/UX Experience and knowledge
- Project Management
- You must exhibit vital behaviors. This includes complete accountability, candor, and the Get it done mindset.
- Additionally, you must also exhibit MTN core values. These are leadership, innovation, relationships, integrity, and Can-Do attitude.
- You must be willing to perform your duties in any assigned functional area
- Proactivity and self-motivation is a plus
- You must have the entrepreneurial mindset
- You must be customer focus
How do I apply for the MTN Nigeria Global Graduate Programme 2021?
Applying for the MTN Global Graduate Programme is hassle free. If you are interested in applying and meet the eligibility requirements, kindly follow the procedures below:
- Visit www.erecruiter.ng/portal/mtnngdp/vacancies
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button
- Immediately you do this, they will redirect you to a Sign Up/login page
- If you have already registered, input your details (Email and Password) into the detail box provided. Else, click on the Register now button.
- Once you click on the Register, you will be redirected to fill a Biodata form. The Biodata form will request your Email, Password, First Name, Last Name, and Mobile Number.
- Upon completion of the Bio Data tick the ‘I agree with Terms and condition checkbox’ and then submit.
- Immediately after this, they will email the mailing address you registered with. This email contains a link for you to activate your account. Pls. note. That this link expires after 48 hours.
- Click on the link for the activation of your account. Once you are done with this, you can proceed to login.
- To login, enter your email address and password you chose during the BioData form registration.
- Once you have successfully logged in, they will require you to provide: Personal Information, additional information, Passport Photograph, O’Level details, Educational Qualifications, Employment History, Certifications, Documents.
- Ensure you provide all necessary details, and upon completion, submit your application.
Also Read: NNPC Internship Programs
What are the required documents for MTN Nigeria Global Graduate Programme?
Before you can apply for this program, you have to provide the following documents:
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) discharge Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- First Degree Certificate
- An Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) certificate.
What happens after the application process?
If you meet all the requirements and your application was successful, you should be invited to take an aptitude test or interview
Conclusion: 2021 MTN Nigeria Global Graduate Development Programme
Are you a vibrant and energetic young Nigerian? Do you meet up with the listed eligibility requirements? If Yes, do not hesitate to apply. You can start your application process using this URL: www.erecruiter.ng/portal/mtnngdp/vacancies
For more details about the program, you can also visit MTN Nigeria’s official website.