MainOne cable is currently accepting applications for the 2021 MainOne Cable Graduate Trainee Program. As an organization with a great passion for the up-skilling of graduates in Nigeria, MainOne cable has put in place this program. The aim of this program is to up-skill graduates of tertiary institutions in Nigeria that desire to build a career in the Technical, marketing, Information Technology, and finance fields.
Furthermore, this internship program combines both classroom and practical pieces of training to equip successful candidates with the tools and knowledge they require to succeed in the organization. In this article, we will discuss all that you need to know about the MainOne graduate trainee program. This includes the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and every other thing you must know. Therefore, you can count on this article to guide you through your application process. Without further ado, let’s get started.
About MainOne Cable
MainOne cable is West Africa’s Internet backbone. They operate the only tier II certified data center in West Africa certified as an SAP infrastructure Hosting partner. In addition, they own the first private submarine cable. This submarine cable is a 7000km submarine cable system that runs from Europe down to the coast of Africa.
Furthermore, MainOne is also the first choice for wholesale internet enterprise services, cloud solutions, and managed data services for businesses. Their cost-effective and innovative solutions enable their partners to be full empowered to meet the demands of today’s market. In addition, to also prepare them for tomorrow’s growth opportunities.
Over the years, MainOne continues to invest significantly in bringing the benefits of digital transformation across West Africa. In fact, they have grown to become the leading provider of wholesale and enterprise connectivity and data services across the West African region. Additionally, MainOne partners with major global technology to deliver services to its customers.
With their Subsea cable growing metropolitan infrastructure data ecosystem, MainOne is positioned to catapult the West African region. In fact, they continue to grow their footprints with major network interconnection facilities, extensive terrestrial fiber build-out, etc. into 10 countries in West Africa.
How does the 2021 MainOne Cable Graduate Trainee Program work?
The MainOne Graduate Trainee Program is a 9-week intensive training. They design this program to provide smart graduates who desire to build careers in Tech, Marketing, and Information Technology with a robust foundation.
Furthermore, this program combines classroom, practical training, and role-plays to equip successful candidates with the tools and knowledge they require to be successful at MainOne. To be the ideal candidate for this role, you must be resourceful, versatile, analytical, assertive, and audacious. In addition, you must act with integrity at all times and you must buy into the Vision of MainOne Cable.
Upon the completion of this program, they guarantee you full-time employment with this prestigious organization.
What are the Eligibility Requirements?
Before you can apply for the MainOne Graduate Trainee Program, you must satisfy the following conditions:
- You must be a First Class or Second-Class upper graduate in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, Electrical Engineering, or other related disciplines.
- 0-2 years work experience post-National Youth Service
- Possession of relevant certifications is an advantage. This includes CCNA/CCNP certifications (Technical Applicants) or a related Post-graduate degree.
- You must have graduated with an undergraduate or postgraduate degree within the last three years.
- Drive and passion for excellence is a plus
- Leadership demonstrated through extra-curricular activities.
- Willingness to learn new skills and display a high level of integrity
- Ability to work with basic computer applications. This includes MS. Word. Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- You must possess exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Possession of relevant certifications such as ACCA or ICAN is a must for all finance applicants.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- You must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Teamwork and collaboration skills.
How do I apply for the 2021 MainOne Cable Graduate Trainee Program?
If you are interested and you qualify for this opening, kindly follow the procedures below:
- To start your application process, Click here
- Once you click on the link, they will redirect you to a page containing all the information about the program. Scroll to the bottom of the page till you see Log in to Apply.
- Click on the Login to Apply button.
- Once you do this, a pop-up window will appear on your screen. Click on Sign Up.
- If you do this correctly, a BioData form will appear. Fill in your details appropriately. These are your Name, Email Address, and Password.
- Click on Sign UP.
- After this, an Apply button will appear
- Click on the Apply button to start your application.
- Once you are Logged in, they will require you to provide more details about yourself using the Personal Information form
- Fill the form appropriately, Upon completion, click the Next button
- The next page will require you to provide additional information. These include your current salary range, if any, and other details.
- Upon completion of the Additional Information, click the Next Button
- The next page is the Educational Information. Fill the form appropriately and click on the Next Button.
- Once you click the Next button, the Next page is Employment History. Fill the form appropriately and then click the Next button.
- After this is the Certification Page. If you possess the relevant certifications, you can upload them. Upon completion, click the Next button.
- If you do this correctly, they will redirect you to a page where you are to upload relevant documents. This includes your NYSC discharge certificate, First-degree certificate, CV, and a valid means of identification.
- On completion, click the Submit Application button.
- Immediately you do this, a pop window will appear asking you to give your consent. Tick the checkbox if you agree and then click Submit Application.
- If you follow this application process correctly, a message reading your application has been successfully submitted Good luck, will appear on your screen.
Also Read: IKEDC Young Engineers Programme
What happens next after applying for the 2021 MainOne Graduate Trainee Programme?
If your application is successful, you will have to go through a selection process for them to access your level of competency. Here are the selection criteria:
Graduate Aptitude test
As part of the MainOne selection process, you will have to write your GMAT-based aptitude test and an essay.
- If you excel at the Aptitude test and essay, they will invite you for a panel interview
Upon the successful completion of the recruitment process, they will provide you with a provisional offer to join the Graduate Trainee Program. However, this will be for a period of 9 weeks.
What is the deadline for the 2021 MainOne Graduate Trainee program?
As of the time of this article, no deadline is specified. Therefore, ensure that you do not let this opportunity pass you by. There is a saying opportunity once lost can never be regained. Make Hay while the sun shines. Start your application process now.
Conclusion: 2021 MainOne Cable Graduate Trainee Program
The 2021 MainOne Cable Graduate Trainee program is an avenue for graduates to gain relevant industry-related skills. In addition, it is also an opportunity to get a full-time role with this organization. This is because they retain all successful applicants for a full-time role after the 9-week training. Click Here to start your application now.