2021 Egbin Power Plc Graduate Engineering Trainee Programme is open for graduates from different universities and polytechnics in Nigeria. Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group, and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant, Ikeja Electric Plc and generation assets at First Independent Power Limited in Rivers State. In total, Sahara Power Group currently operates power generation facilities with a total of approximately 1,750MW of available capacity and working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000MW of electricity generation over the next five years
Egbin is located at the heart of a small town called Egbin in Ikorodu Local Government Area of Lagos.
Before the construction of Egbin Power Plc, Lagos, the Ijora Power Station which is reputed as the oldest power plant in the country was the main source of electricity supply around
About Egbin Power Plant Graduate Program
- The Graduate Engineering Trainee Programme is a 24 month intensive blended training programme designed with trainings from the National Power Training Institute of Nigeria (NAPTIN) and visits to other power generation entities and industry stakeholders. The training is strategically targeted at the technical capacity development of young engineers with the combination of theoretical knowledge with hands on practical’s as well as the application of the technical skills.
- The selected candidates will also garner experience across the various technical departments of Egbin power plant, acquiring requisite competencies to contribute to the achievement of the company’s overall strategic objectives.
Qualifications & Experience
- Engineering degree (B. Tech, B. Eng.) with a minimum of Second-Class Upper Division (2.1)
- Age: Maximum of 27 years by December 2021
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory NYSC as of March 2021 with a valid certificate
- 0 – 2 years of work experience post NYSC
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to work and thrive in different working conditions
- Knowledge and understanding of basic engineering process.
- Ability to identify and use basic engineering tools.
- Self driven and result-oriented
- Problem solving-skills
- Strong Analytical and numeric skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the power sector value chain
Deadline: 12th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
KINDLY CLICK THE SHARE BUTTON IF THIS POST IS HELPFUL
- Apply Now – University of Queensland Earmarked Scholarship in Australia 2022
- University of Toronto Lester B Pearson Scholarship for International Students 2023
- Apply Now – Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) Scholarships in USA 2022
- Hurford Youth Fellowship Program for Great Minds 2022
- University of Sydney Honors Scholarship in Australia 2023